“Great evening”

Habitat Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #52 of 121 Restaurants in Canmore
Cuisines: European
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Bow Valley Trail
Description: HABITAT RESTAURANT & BAR Habitat has re-opened and managed by the Iron Goat Pub & Grill Bringing a taste of the Caribbean to the heart of the Rockies. Chef Merrick (Rasta) has has brought his classic Jamaican recipes and talent to the kitchen at Habitat. Jerk chicken and jerk pork are the house specialities but the menu has great share plates such as charcuterie and cheese platters but also an array of appetizers and entrees with an island feel. Drink menu compliments the menu with tropical flavours and Jamaican beers.
“Great evening”
Reviewed May 1, 2012

We liked the pre-selected menu. All was amazing, and wine seclection was great.

Visited April 2012

Calgary
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing Experiences”
Reviewed April 30, 2012

Brilliant, the food and service was magnificent!!!

Visited April 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Bad Breakfast”
Reviewed March 26, 2012

Not to be rude or anything but I went here for breakfast recently an the breakfast wasn't what I order exactly . The eggs were runny after I said I would like it done, the bacon was fried dry,took a bite an it tasted like burnt powder.. An also the breakfast chef was also answering text messages,he should pay attention to his customers orders more an not his messages.

Canada
“A great addition to gourmet dining in Canmore”
Reviewed March 24, 2012

We have dined here four times in the last year. The selection of dishes and wines is first class with excellent service to match.
The restaurant is modern with very attractive decor. Despite busy evening dining, the service was very professional and our waiter was friendly and attentive.
We highly recommend this reasonably price, first class restaurant. One of the best in Canmore.

Calgary, Canada
“It was just okay. Great service though.”
Reviewed March 13, 2012

We had dinner here mid-week and it was completely empty the whole time we were there, which was surprising. We had a great server who didn't rush us even though he had no one else to serve. We had some good cocktails to start and then I had a beet carpaccio salad and my husband had the lobster bisque. Both were fine, nothing special. Then I had the chicken pasta which was extremely boring and not at all what I was expecting from a place like Habitat. My husband had the pork and he just raved about it. I can't even remember what we had for dessert. It was just okay too, I think. I wouldn't go back, but my husband would.

• Visited February 2012