“Somewhat pricey $143 with the parking lot at eye level”
Review of Days Inn Canmore

Days Inn Canmore
Ranked #10 of 28 Hotels in Canmore
richmond
“Somewhat pricey $143 with the parking lot at eye level”
Reviewed July 14, 2012

Worn entrance, room ok with small fireplace which generated far too much heat. Other hotels had nice balconies while our room which was not the cheapest category had cars at eye level! Also VERY annoying that the clock radio was left set to go off twice 2 hours before our wake up call!! We should have checked but really, could housekeeping not do that??

• Stayed July 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Sydney, Canada
Reviewed May 23, 2012

This is the second time we have stayed at this motel - and it won't be the last! The rooms are a good size, and have a fridge, a fireplace, and a jet tub! The rooms are also clean and well maintained. The staff is amazing! So friendly and helpful! I had a lot of questions and requests during this stay and they enthusiastically helped me with every single one! We will deinitely stay here again, and will recommend it to everyone we know!

• Stayed May 2012
3 Thank Maritimers0513
Vernon, Canada
Reviewed April 2, 2012

The Econo Lodge in Canmore was very impressive for a quick night's stop. It was incredibly clean and they had a very good breakfast in the morning that was included in the price. If you are going skiing and want to stay in a reasonably priced, clean, nicely staffed motel, this is a great place to stop. You can't beat the price and the morning breakfast.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank lunadiver37
Calgary
Reviewed April 2, 2012

I have used this hotel twice for a scrapbooking retreat with 22 - 26 ladies. Service was exceptional. I have no complaints whatsoever about the hotel. I will definitely use this place again. Keep up the good work!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Lorna J
White Rock, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed March 19, 2012

When Lisa checked me in for "maybe a couple of nights", I was expecting a clean room and a good bed. Period. What more could you ask for when all you really want is to ski and play in the snow? Nothing, I thought - but I was in for few surprises.
After the first day of skiing (at 20 below), I drove back to the Econo wishing I'd picked a more expensive place - maybe with a sauna bath in the room, y'know? Still, I jumped into my tub anyway, and - surprise - it had a full set of sauna jets! Oh, yeah . . . I'm startin' to look smart.
I checked at the desk to see if they had a snow forecast for the week - maybe directions to a some x-country ski trails or a brochure for skiing the back country - nothing much. But the young man at the desk, Kyle, wasn't interested brochures. He was interested in skiing -- and he'd been skiing the very best places all week. Surprise. Kyle filled me in on the latest about everything - the best trails, the best steeps, the best way to get there, the avalanche risk . . even the right wax! By bedtime my laptop was plugged into his own back country blog and I was virtually skiing the terrain . . . Rats! No brochure.
I won't list all the other pleasant surprises I had at the Econo (like the exercise room is open late). Let's just say Kyle and Lisa turned into friends, and my "one or two nights" turned into one of the best holidays I've ever had -- all six (6) weeks of it.

Obviously I'm recommending the Econo for people like me. For those who want to keep their visit to the Rockies at more of a "brochure" level, there's always the Banff Springs.

Room Tip: North side rooms are probably cooler in Summer. Ask about sauna jets in the tub. Even some basic r...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank Gordon W
Calgary
Reviewed March 7, 2012

I stayed at the Econo lodge with a group of ladies scrapbooking. The service was superior from intial organizing to departure. Friendly, responsive and helpful. Best place I have stayed at in Canmore without a doubt. Very clean and quiet.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Kathy S
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed February 25, 2012

My two small children and I stayed here for 1 night when we were participating in a local Canada Day parade. The room was clean and perfectly comfortable, and the little microwave and fridge were perfect for the snacks my kids needed while we were there. The staff were friendly and helpful as could be. This is obviously not a luxury hotel, but it is perfect if you want a nice, clean place to sleep, and maybe watch bit of tv before bed. We had no complaints.

The staff in the adjoining restaurant were also extremely pleasant. I thought the price of the food was a bit higher than it should be, but nothing terrible. There are plenty of restaurants in Canmore if you want to do something different.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family