“being here is a wonderful feeling..”

Stoneridge Mountain Resort by CLIQUE
Ranked #1 of 28 Hotels in Canmore
Reviewed March 15, 2011

celebrating a day and night with your friends at work in a luxurious resort like this....Stone Ridge mountain.... will give everybody an extraordinary experience. It was awesome day for all of us!! Just put some FUN games ,lots of foods, respect and love each other...will create a wonderful moments.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends

Reviewed March 14, 2011

We went for a nice relaxing weekend away and got exactly that. The hottub was a great feature and we spent a lot of time there, even with the temperatures outside below freezing. The staff was very friendly and the room was gorgeous. Will definitely be coming back.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 14, 2011

Had a great stay for a couple of nights. The 1 bedroom suite plus den was perfect for 3 people. We were also tucked away in the corner of the building street side, so it was very quiet from the outside street noise.

We we did reserve the room through Expedia we did ask for a courtyard/pool view. Thank goodness we didn't get it, very, very noisy. The pool and hot tub were lovely, but in the evening it became party central. Lots of kids, lots of young partiers with drinking around the pool/hot tub (even though your not supposed to). If you do use the pool/hot tub morning or afternoon is the best cause it is very busy in the weekend evenings. I think it would be a lot better if there was maybe some security patroling the pool/grounds in the evening then it wouldn't be so overcrowded with garbage lying around, glass bottles broken on the deck ect...

The suite itself was very nice except the thermostat problems. Not sure if it was malfunctioning or if we just didn't know how to figure out how to use it. What a waste of energy, with the fan running all the time and extremes of hot and cold in the suite. We spent many hours over the weekend fussing and trying to get the heating/cooling just right for our liking. Never figured it out!!

Very, very noisy as well probably due to the wood construction of the building. Constant doors slamming, kids running up and down the halls, people thumping around up stairs until all hours. If you are a light sleep bring some ear plugs!!

I would definitely recommend this place and would stay there again, because it was a great stay minus the few problems!

Reviewed March 11, 2011

It was a wedding where people came from all over Canada, Ireland and Australia. We loved the rooms, the view and location. Staff were amazing, helpful and extending a warm welcome giving the resort a "homey" atmosphere. Hot tub and heated pool were utilized and enjoyed constantly. Would highly recommend staying here for all types of groups, families even those with young children. Thank you Stoneridge staff for making it that extra special occasion!!

Reviewed March 10, 2011

A wonderful new property with friendly, helpful service. Rooms large and very well furnished with service every day. Underground parking a real treat at 0 degrees F. Highlight was the outdoor hot tub and heated pool. Unit very well furnished, including plenty of amenities and laundry supplies. Only negative, and it is a minor one, was the road noise and railroad noise--but the view made up for it. If only they had spent a few more dollars on better windows.. but that can be fixed with a room facing the pool area. Also, I am not quite sure what all the previous fuss was regarding the wireless internet not working--our room was very fast. We look forward to returning.

Reviewed March 8, 2011

The suites were very beautiful and well equiped. In our group, everyone had either a view of the pool area or a spectacular view of the 3 sister mountains. Unbeatable! The suites were spacious yet cosy. The service was extraordinary, lots of special touches, quick responses to requests, follow-up by front desk staff to ensure we had everything we needed, flexibility around check-in and check-out to accommodate the 22 folks with varying schedules. Reception staff were all wonderful people.

We have travelled alot, hosted groups before yet have not once found a resort that scores so high on all aspects in providing accommodations.

• Stayed: March 2011
Reviewed February 22, 2011

I took my girlfriend here for a nice break from the city over the Family Day Long Weekend. It was quite an easy choice as I was able to get a decent rate as well as seeing that it was rated the number one resort in Canmore.

I don't want to be too negative in my review as the problems we did encounter were more annoying then something that may make us stay somewhere else however I will admit that my next visit in Canmore I will probably give another property a try.

The rooms are very cozy and decorated to make you feel like you are at home, which they did. The huge bathtub and shower area are great and the finishing of the room add a very nice touch.

We did however run into a few problems. The rooms are very very noisy, whatever is going on in the hallways, beside you, above you, below you, you are going to hear it.

The DVD player is a wireless system and we had to on several occasions pause the movie and play around with the wireless unit as we were losing reception and it was becoming very annoying.

I did ask for a room with a view of the mountains however was given a room with a view of a parking lot from another condo property. I will say that I was told they would do what they could based on availability but it would have been nice to have a view seeing as it is listed as a mountain resort.

When I checked out I found out that I was charged the wrong room rate. I am not sure why this happened as the confirmation I received on my computer showed the correct price however when checking out it was $50 more then it should have been. I told the clerk and was given a bit of attitude but once speaking with a manager the problem was resolved quickly.

All in all I would not say this property is outstanding and I would not say it is terrible. I guess it just depends if you would find the things that came up during my stay annoying like I did.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Canmore
Falcon Crest Lodge by CLIQUE
Holiday Inn Canmore
Holiday Inn Canmore
#14 of 28 in Canmore
Best Western Pocaterra Inn

Been to Stoneridge Mountain Resort by CLIQUE? Share your experiences!