“Very good but”

La Belle Patate
Ranked #25 of 125 Restaurants in Canmore
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night
Description: Poutines, Steamie, Toastie, Hamburgers, Veggie Burgers, Fries, Sandwiches, Gravy and a great Montreal Canadian Atmosphere.
Reviewed August 25, 2013

ate here again today at around 1pm and then ate again about 930 pm - this was the first time I was hungry after a meat lovers medium that I really couldn't finish so can't really fault the quantity and it did taste really good but not convinced its the number 2 place in Canmore. The meats were tasty but would prefer a bit less gravy drowning the fries.

Great for quick and friendly and good hearty food but hardly healthy :-)

Rob

Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

Hands down best food around. They have a huge list of different kinds of authentic poutines. I had got the Supreme this last time around, sautéed mushrooms,onions,bacons, fries, gravy and cheese curds. My wife got the classic and it was still amazing. Little tricky to find but if you know your way around Canmore or have a GPS you will have no problem.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

Our son discovered this gem when he travelled through on his way to a hockey tourney in Banff the winter.This summer when camping in Kananaskis he insisted we go have lunch there .Wow am I ever glad we did .We were a group of 6 people and we had, regular poutine , bacon ,mushroom and onion poutine and the Montreal smoked meat sandwich .All of the dishes were incredible !! I think the sandwich was the best smoked meat sandwich I have ever had . I loved that the cheese curd in the poutine was so fresh and authentic .When I was younger I lived in Quebec for a while and remember " Squeeky Cheese Curd " just like this . Service was awesome as well.We will definitely make this a regular stop when we are in Canmore or passing through.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

We had dinner here while staying in Canmore after reading the reviews. It's not in the town center but about five minutes away in a random location. It's a very casual place where you order at the counter. There are about 6-7 tables and some counter seats which is why they do quite a bit of takeout business. We ate in.

Service was extremely friendly and the food is made to order. We tried the traditional poutine and I had a cheeseburger while my husband had the smoked meat sandwich. The poutine was delicious and I wish we had ordered the medium! My cheeseburger was quite tasty and I ordered it with everything on it minus the cole slaw...it had a lot going on but I enjoyed it. The smoked meat sandwich was overflowing; make sure you are hungry!

If you want a place where the locals go, this is it. We were really glad we checked it out.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

What a great little spot! Friendly staff and interesting Québecois décor (Go Habs! LOL) ... this place was absolutely hopping over the lunch rush! We had the massive Montreal smoked meat sandwiches and poutine - YUM! - and logged the nearby geocache too!