“Excellent every time”
Review of La Belle Patate - CLOSED

La Belle Patate
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night
Description: Poutines, Steamie, Toastie, Hamburgers, Veggie Burgers, Fries, Sandwiches, Gravy and a great Montreal Canadian Atmosphere.
Reviewed August 7, 2013

One of our favorite places to stop into when we are in Canmore! Every time I go I try a different poutine, and I have yet to find one I don't enjoy. This last time I ordered the Montreal Smoked Meat Poutine, and was extremely satisfied. A small poutine is more than enough for one person, and 2 of us can happily share a medium. My boys love the hamburgers there as well (I admit, I'm all about the poutine every time!). The cafe is small, but not cramped, and we feel right at home when we go. The staff is always friendly, the food is delicious, and it is affordable. We will be back again - and again, and again!

2  Thank Acuz

Reviewed August 6, 2013

This was a surprise find in Canmore! We were looking for some place I could eat gluten free super safely during our trip and we stumbled upon La Belle Patate! The staff were very friendly and who I think was the owner knew exactly what I was talking about when I said I had a gluten allergy and explained everything to me about their gravy without hesitation! And the gravy on the regular poutine I had was AMAZING! I was shocked, I've never had GF poutine so good! My husband was also able to eat normal food here and tried the authentic Montreal Smoked meat sandwhich which was decent. The atmosphere was small town Canada at its best, friendly owner and staff and all actually french! It felt truly authentic eat poutine and smoked meat sandwhiches there! We will be back, since they had quite the selection of poutines and more!

6  Thank eeebeetravel
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Not only delicious, the owner John makes everyone feel so welcome you will feel part of a community whether you are here for a day or a lifetime.

1  Thank 842Paula
Reviewed July 29, 2013

This was our first diner stop when we arrived Canada. They serve burgers and so forth, but the majority of the menu is poutine topped with different combinations of meats and/or veggies. We had to ask, "What is poutine?" (In case you don't know basic poutine is french fries topped with cheese curds, and gravy.) La Belle Patate goes way beyond basic poutine, even serving gluten free gravy for those who need it. We each ordered a medium poutine, and ended up with WAY to much food. Luckily we were staying in a place with a kitchen, because then we discovered that poutine over scrambled eggs is soooo good! Great way to full a belly for a full day of hiking. Our last stop before we left Canmore was La Belle Patate to take some poutine for the road! My son says it changed our life! Go!

2  Thank JSJR
Reviewed July 28, 2013

This is as real as it gets for Quebecois food outside Quebec!! Delicious and authentic. Only Pepsi served too... no Coke!! Hot Dog Steamie!! Frites with Cayenne! And Labatt's 50 too, I mean come on can this be for real?