“Best poutine in the west”
Review of La Belle Patate

La Belle Patate
Ranked #21 of 121 Restaurants in Canmore
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner
Description: Great selection of Poutines made with fresh cheese curds, hand cut double cooked fries and a delicious vegetable based gravy. Old fashioned Montreal smoked meat sandwich served on rye with a side of pickle :) Moist Steamed hot dogs, dressed to perfection :) Delicious, fresh, no fillers added burgers... Authentic Colt Spruce Beer Come and get a taste of home!
“Best poutine in the west”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

From an hockey fan. Be awarded Nordique will be back soon.... Hehe. Friendly place and staffs. Thanks for the Jos Louie.
Good job.

Duchess Alberta
“A Delicious Change From the Ordinary”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

On a recent trip to Canmore, my wife and I decided to consult our trusty TripAdvisor app for a good place to eat supper. Coming in at #3 was La Belle Patate, and seeing how my wife and son love poutine and because it seemed like something unique and different, we decided to give it a shot.

As we entered the industrial area in the southeast part of town, I was wondering if it was even open on a Friday evening, but thankfully it was. I also wondered if it was some hole-in-the-wall, but even though located in the corner of a commercial-industrial building, it was well-lit and had a fun atmosphere, decorated mostly with hockey memorabilia (especially Montreal Canadiens). Kids and kids-at-heart could also play with a large Mr. Potato Head while they waited for their meals.

I’ll have to admit that I didn’t know there were so many poutine options to choose from, nor did I realize that there were also varieties for breakfast, meaning that one can have three square meals of poutine per day if not concerned about the state of their cardio-vascular health.

That said, my kids each had the Kiddie Poutine and my wife chose a poutine with chicken and peas. Her small size was the same as the kids’, and the other options were medium and large. They were all more than satisfied with the taste and portions, and my wife especially loved the “squeaky cheese”, her favorite aspect of authentic poutine.

I ordered a sub, a steak and pepperoni, instead of poutine or one of their burgers in an attempt to be more health-conscious. I must say that it’s the only time I’ve ever had to east a sub with a fork and knife. However this is an observation and not a complaint because it tasted great overall, especially the sauce they used. I also found the size just right; I wasn’t stuffed nor was I left feeling as though I didn’t have enough.

Lastly, regarding service, the two guys at the order counter were friendly and our food didn’t take long to prepare.

If there’s only one thing I could suggest that would put their establishment even more over the top, which I did half-jokingly to one of the staff, it would be to offer Montreal-style cheesecake for dessert. Otherwise, our experience there was excellent and we would certainly eat there again.

1 Thank Dave M
Ottawa, Canada
“Québécois Cuisine in Canmore!”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Not for the health conscious, this cafe offers amazing poutine with a huge variety of toppings - my son had his with smoked meat and they did not skimp on the meat. The serving size was generous and a medium dish lasted him for two meals. They also have burgers and hotdogs. Very casual setting – cafeteria style.

“Wonderful and tasty!”
Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

The food here is great!! Smoked meat lean or regular! Way way easier than flying to Montreal!!
Poutine!!! Very good!! Super great owner and friendly thoughtful staff! I dine in various Canmore restaurants , as I live here part time. This is a gem , and we are lucky to have this here !!

Visited July 2013
Fredericton, Canada
“The place for Montreal Smoked Meat”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

The reason I'm only giving an average review is that we went here to get Montreal Smoke meat on rye bread..This is the only way to have it. It was father's day and they ran out of rye bread - hugely disappointed :( (We're ex- Montrealers so having a chance to get some authentic smoked meat was going to be a treat

The staff did make up for it by giving us a poutine with lots of smoke meat on it - more than normal to make up for the lack of rye bread - so kudos to them for that.

Now, the smoke meat was very good as was the poutine. I'm not a big poutine fan, if you've never had it, try it. I just wanted smoked meat.

It's a small place so you can take out as well. But go for the smoke meat or poutine. Never mind anything else, that's what they do best.

• Visited June 2013