“Québécois Cuisine in Canmore!”
Review of La Belle Patate

La Belle Patate
Ranked #26 of 126 Restaurants in Canmore
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner
Description: Poutines, Steamie, Toastie, Hamburgers, Veggie Burgers, Fries, Sandwiches, Gravy and a great Montreal Canadian Atmosphere.
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Not for the health conscious, this cafe offers amazing poutine with a huge variety of toppings - my son had his with smoked meat and they did not skimp on the meat. The serving size was generous and a medium dish lasted him for two meals. They also have burgers and hotdogs. Very casual setting – cafeteria style.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

The food here is great!! Smoked meat lean or regular! Way way easier than flying to Montreal!!
Poutine!!! Very good!! Super great owner and friendly thoughtful staff! I dine in various Canmore restaurants , as I live here part time. This is a gem , and we are lucky to have this here !!

Reviewed July 2, 2013

The reason I'm only giving an average review is that we went here to get Montreal Smoke meat on rye bread..This is the only way to have it. It was father's day and they ran out of rye bread - hugely disappointed :( (We're ex- Montrealers so having a chance to get some authentic smoked meat was going to be a treat

The staff did make up for it by giving us a poutine with lots of smoke meat on it - more than normal to make up for the lack of rye bread - so kudos to them for that.

Now, the smoke meat was very good as was the poutine. I'm not a big poutine fan, if you've never had it, try it. I just wanted smoked meat.

It's a small place so you can take out as well. But go for the smoke meat or poutine. Never mind anything else, that's what they do best.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

I lived on the island of Montreal (Dorval) for 11 years and left for Alberta in 1966. I remember Montreal smoked meat sandwiches and spruce beer and Brio Chinotto. I had the good fortune to visit La Belle Patate on the 11th of June 2013 and met John Lott the proprietor. We arrived near closing time but he put his full staff to work on our meal and what a great meal it was! Montreal smoked meat sandwiches, poutine, spruce beer, and Vachon cakes, just as good as I remembered them. What a restaurant and what great service! I don't think they had Brio Chinotto on the menu but I won't hold that against them. You have to try La Belle Patate!

Reviewed June 14, 2013

This out-of-the-way diner in Canmore serves up large portions of unpretentious hearty food to hungry travelers off Highway No.1. My daughter and I struggled to finish our massive smoke meat poutine laden with curds and smothered with gravy - but we managed. The smoke meat sub that my husband ordered was absolutely delicious. My son washed his poutine down with a can of biere d'epinette (spruce beer) from Quebec - something I have never heard of !
The bright seating area is decorated with hockey memorabilia and simple pine furniture.
We definitely will be back on our next road trip to Alberta!