“Knife Creek Great Intro” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Canmore Quad Tours

Canmore Quad Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Canmore Quad Tours offers you an opportunity to explore the beautiful Albertan foothills to the very edge of the Rocky Mountains. Using our 2 up Touring ATV’s you will be guided over a net work of trails covering a total area of 1500 square kilometres. Fantastic views, wildlife and using an ATV make this a truly memorable adventure for the whole family. We are located 30.3 KMS on HiWay 40 North off the Bow Valley Trail (1A)Look for the Hidden Trails Adventures sign, we stage there.
UK
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Knife Creek Great Intro”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2011

As an introduction to ATVs this was a great start. It gave us 3hrs of usage and the required tuiution to get started. Our guide Matt was friendly, and helpful throughout. Would recommend

Visited August 2011
1 Thank UKhattrick

Markham, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“All-round Awesome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2010

My fiancé and I went ATV'ing (or quad running) with Canmore Quad Tours, in August 2010, on a full-day tour. We booked 2 of us for a shared ATV. I have been quad running with a few other tour operators in Nevada, but this was my first time ATV'ing in the Rockies.

The first thing that impressed me with Canmore Quads is that they honour their commitments, unlike many other operators, that have no qualms about using their right to cancel, if the number of guest falls below a certain threshold. There were supposed to be 4 other people on our tour. They cancelled at the last minute. At this point many tour operators would cancel or try to reschedule the tour, because they are probably making very little money or perhaps losing a little money. Canmore Quads didn't cancel, didn't try to talk us into rescheduling, they just ran the tour.

The ATV that we had was immaculately clean (surprising given how dirty they get), powerful, and in excellent running condition.

Matt Lovelock was our guide. In so much as I know, guides normally get paid in various ways: so much for doing the tour, and then so much bonus either from tips and/or from the company they work for depending on how much money the tour makes. We pre-paid for our tour and we paid at the "group rate" versus a "private tour rate". With the other 2 couples cancelling, we ended up with a private tour. However for Matt, the tip pool was just 1 couple, instead of 3, which didn't seem to bother Matt one bit. Throughout the day, he was passionate and enthusiastic about everything. He obviously loves his work. He made us feel like we were his personal guests, rather than “customers”.

Matt explained how to use the machine well, he stopped to talk to us about what we were seeing at various points, he took pictures for us, he even scouted the area where we stopped for lunch. He found a deer carcass and then got us back on the quad and a safe distance away. Dead animal carcasses attract bears, hungry bears.

The trail (we did the Waiparous Tower tour) is great: lots of bumps, water holes, bends, and up/down hills. Our guide went at a pace that we were comfortable with (a little on the faster side, but still safe). Note: if you take a 2-person quad runner, the person in the back ends up with a rougher ride. The scenery is breathtaking.

Do bring a camera, but make sure you have a case for it to keep it clean. Do expect that you will get dirty, very dirty; do expect the weather to change often and somewhat dramatically - it's Alberta. Bring clothes for wet, warmer and much cooler weather than what is forecasted and you'll be fine.

I hope you find this helpful. This is my first ever posting here. I seldom write reviews, but we had such a great day with ATV'ing with Canmore Quads and we often use Trip Advisor reviews to plan our vacations, I wanted to give a little back to the TA community and thank Canmore Quads for a great day.

Cheers.

7 Thank gsmcl0964
Edmonton, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great fun = Matt”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2010

Money well spent on the full day tour! WE had a blast with Matt and all of his stories. Made the day very enjoyable and fun filled. Would definitely do this again and would for sure request Matt.

1 Thank amattern
Toronto, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Tour and Friendly Tour Guide”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2010

we had the best ATV tour and guide, at a very reasonable rate. Matt who was our guide was a really nice guy, he had a lot of patients with people who haven't drivin ATV's before. He is very friendly and encourages you when you are nervous. On a scale of one to 10, 10 being perfect, I would rate him 9.5, since no one is perfect. So if you happen to go to canmore and want to do a ATV tour, please contact Canmore Quad Tours, and ask for Matt as your guide, he is awesome, and very knowledgeable . Keep up the good work Matt

Jane and Adrean - Toronto - 01/07/2010

1 Thank Toronto_Gurl19
Regina, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“An awesome way to see more of the mountains”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2010

This company is all about ensuring customer satisfaction. All of the staff that I interacted with were friendly, easy-going and helpful. I had not been on a quad for over 10 years and was a little bit nervous about taking one through the mountains but our guide Matt was awesome. He tailored the ride to our skill level and let us go at our own pace. It didn't take long to get used to the quads and pretty soon we were having fun splashing through the mudholes. At the end of the trail we climbed a steep hill which gave us a wonderful view of the valley below and the mountains in the distance. We turned off the quads and it was so quiet and peaceful because we were far removed from any town or city. I was sad to see our ride come to an end because I felt like I could have ridden for hours through the beautiful scenery!

2 Thank prairie_grrl