“Pleasently surprised”
Review of O Bistro - CLOSED

O Bistro
Cuisines: Canadian, French, American, Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Petersfield, United Kingdom
“Pleasently surprised”
Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

There are plenty of places to eat in Canmore but we found this Bistro at the end of the Main street. The service was fantastic and the food even better. We enjoyed the 'special' of the day. I would highly recommend this for a great eat.

Visited July 2014
david d, Manager at O Bistro, responded to this review, August 12, 2014
Hello Mike G,

First of all thank you to take your time to write a great review on our restaurant. I'm very glad that you enjoyed the service and the special of the day. We work hard to always improve ourself and a great comments like yours give us the energies to continue.

West Texas
“Nice little place”
Reviewed July 9, 2014

I don't think the excellent mojito influenced me. The orange duck and basa fish were perfect. They wouldn't serve a dessert because it was too crumbly. The server was very pleasant. She certainly added to the quiet elegance of the small restaurant. Would go back in a heartbeat.

• Visited July 2014
david d, Manager at O Bistro, responded to this review, August 12, 2014
Hello Westtexan,

First of all thank you to take your time to write a great review on our restaurant. I'm very glad that you enjoyed the mojito and the duck a l'orange as the basa.We work hard to always improve ourself and a great comments like yours give us the energies to continue.

Central Point, Oregon
“Pretty good food”
Reviewed July 9, 2014

We had dinner here one night while staying at the Bow Valley Motel. Just down two establishments from the motel. Enjoyed the food and ate out on the patio by the sidewalk. Enjoyed the view and atmosphere.

Visited June 2014
Dear gdwilkinson1,

First of all thank you to take your time to write a great review on our restaurant. I'm very glad that you enjoyed the food, view and atmosphere. We work hard to always improve ourself, so I will like to know how we can have a 5 stars from you. You can write me a email at obistro@outlook.com.

Los Angeles, California
“Pleasant Spot for Lunch”
Reviewed July 2, 2014

We stopped here for lunch, randomly, without looking at reviews. We grabbed a spot in the outside patio facing the street. If you want a great place to people watch with a beautiful view of the mountains, this is a pretty good option.

I was a little shocked, in general, at prices for food in Canmore. I found most restaurants to be expensive (relative to the US). Lunch can run you around $12-20 pp (CAD) depending on your selection. The food was delicious. It is obviously a very popular restaurant in the area. I had the minestrone soup and was pleased.

The food portions are smaller than the US, but generally speaking, US food portions are bigger relative to other places in the world. I found, in general, finding good value in the Canadian Rockies to be a challenge. It's simply an relatively expensive place to visit.

All in all, a pleasant dining experience.

• Visited June 2014
Dear Voodoo-d,

First of all thank you to take your time to write a great review on our restaurant. I'm very glad that you enjoyed tour lunch. We work hard to always improve ourself and having interesting quality food at interesting price.

Field, Canada
“Consistantly excellent food”
Reviewed June 26, 2014

I always enjoy a creative salad and have never been disappointed with O Bistro. I come to Canmore often and get quickly tired of places where salads come as second thought, actually I never go back when it's the case! The salmon salad here is creative, visually pleasing, super tasty and satisfying. I'm actually a bit addicted to it :)

The atmosphere is charming, the music pleasing and not too loud and I've only had excellent service, thanks to your friendly team!

• Visited June 2014
Hello Eliane L,

First of all thank you to take your time to write a great review on our restaurant. I'm very glad that you enjoyed the consistanly food and service. We always tru to have new salad and creation. We work hard to always improve ourself and a great comments like yours give us the energies to continue.