“Nice unpretentious place with great food”
Review of O Bistro - CLOSED

O Bistro
Cuisines: French
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Serendipitous discovery on a night when the line to get into the Grizzly Paw was too long. Food was beautifully prepared, came quite fast and was reasonably priced. The squash ravioli was excellent.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

On our last evening in Alberta, I was having a desire for one last "Poutine fix"! We came upon O bistro and with my husbands urging, we stopped in. We were told by a server/manager/owner? That they "guessed they could accomodate us if we could be finished with our dinner at 8:00" as there was a reservation for that table at 8:00! At first I thought he was kidding, I was SO taken back by someone actually being that bold and rude to a paying customer! My husband, not hearing the comment made by the server/manager/owner continued behind him and was seated. I was SO flabbergasted by the audacity of this man, opted to sit down and make the best of it. My husband and I sat there for 20 minutes before being offered a menu or water. I sat there wondering"how can they be SO busy when the service is SO bad?" After half an hour we finally got a drink, the whole time I was wondering if they would take our order and get our dinner before 8:00 and what was going to happen if we weren't finished with our dinner? The Poutine we ordered was good, although not the best we had on our holiday. BTW, we did get our check and finished dinner in the knick of time. It was 7:54 as we walked out the door. Don't worry O bistro, we won't bother you again...if you are even in business when we return to Canmore!

2  Thank GINAKOVASH
Reviewed March 21, 2013

We recently visited Banff for our honeymoon and spent the afternoon walking around beautiful downtown Canmore. We came upon O Bistro on our hunt to find someplace to eat for lunch. We had been searching for a quaint place like this in Banff and were delighted to have found O Bistro in Canmore. The restaurant is warm and cozy, and you just couldn't beat the gorgeous views. I ordered the smoked salmon panini, which was the BEST salmon sandwich I have ever had. Delicious! My husband ordered the duck confit wrap with butternut squash soup and he very much enjoyed his lunch too. If you are looking for a charming, healthy and affordable place to eat in Canmore, I would highly recommend O Bistro!

Reviewed March 13, 2013

Restaurants generally exist for two reasons - to feed customers and to receive payment for the dining experience - we'll I can't review the food because I didn't get any - and O Bistro didn't get my money - so what's the point? Admittedly, I was in a bit of a hurry, but I was in Canmore for business and I entered O Bistro, and although the seating looked cramped and generic the menu looked interesting. I was seated right away, and then I waited... and waited... and waited. The female server had finished taking the order of the table next to me, entered the order in the POS and casually stood chatting to the older manager / owner / server (?) without ever acknowledging my presence - I was three feet away. No glass of water, no "I'll be with you in a minute," nothing! The time was 1:30pm, and the restaurant was half empty. The staff's attitude seemed to be, "We'll get to you when we're good and ready, and you can wait until we can be bothered." My appointment was getting close, so I walked out. The server seemed relieved not to have to trouble herself with another customer.

2  Thank GrittyMan
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I visited this bistro in late February 2013 and really enjoyed the small, cozy atmosphere. Reservations are highly recommended for this place. The service was really slow and it took the food a while to come out. Nevertheless, when it did come out, it was super yummy. I'd definitely visit again and maybe try my luck with their breakfast/brunch menu. Prices were a little on the expensive end, but well worth it for a good meal.