“What a surreal experience”
Review of O Bistro - CLOSED

O Bistro
Cuisines: French
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Cochrane, Canada
“What a surreal experience”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Restaurants generally exist for two reasons - to feed customers and to receive payment for the dining experience - we'll I can't review the food because I didn't get any - and O Bistro didn't get my money - so what's the point? Admittedly, I was in a bit of a hurry, but I was in Canmore for business and I entered O Bistro, and although the seating looked cramped and generic the menu looked interesting. I was seated right away, and then I waited... and waited... and waited. The female server had finished taking the order of the table next to me, entered the order in the POS and casually stood chatting to the older manager / owner / server (?) without ever acknowledging my presence - I was three feet away. No glass of water, no "I'll be with you in a minute," nothing! The time was 1:30pm, and the restaurant was half empty. The staff's attitude seemed to be, "We'll get to you when we're good and ready, and you can wait until we can be bothered." My appointment was getting close, so I walked out. The server seemed relieved not to have to trouble herself with another customer.

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank GrittyMan

Brampton, Canada
“Food worth waiting for”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I visited this bistro in late February 2013 and really enjoyed the small, cozy atmosphere. Reservations are highly recommended for this place. The service was really slow and it took the food a while to come out. Nevertheless, when it did come out, it was super yummy. I'd definitely visit again and maybe try my luck with their breakfast/brunch menu. Prices were a little on the expensive end, but well worth it for a good meal.

• Visited February 2013
Calgary, Canada
“O what a Bistro!”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

My husband and I ate at O Bistro on a Sunday night when we were in Canmore for an overnight getaway. The experience was exactly what we were looking for - comfortable, cozy and romantic. My husband had the lamb and raved about it. I had a very tasty vegetarian pasta. We'll go back!

• Visited February 2013
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
“Cosy bistro with a great menu.”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Popped into this small bistro on Main Street for lunch on a chilly Sunday afternoon and and all tables were filled shortly thereafter. The menu here is great....we were spoiled for choice but both opted for a delicious salad with seared salmon (they accommodated my request for 'cooked' and it was just right) - mixed greens, goat cheese, grilled almonds, warm citrus & caper vinaigrette-yummy. There is a nice variety of food to choose from. Everything was nice and fresh and the view to the kitchen showed the staff really working hard back there-looked very efficient . Service was attentive, albeit a little brusque...didn't put us off would definitely go back!

• Visited January 2013
Alberta
“Wonderful, imaginative food, cosy atmospher”
Reviewed December 24, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I and our two (adult) sons ate at O Bistro last evening. The food was superb -- we had baked brie, strawberry boconcini salad and the seafood trio for appetizers and steak and shrimp special, Mediterranean chicken, beef Wellington ad ginger pork tenderloin for mains. All were excellent and the beef Wellington was particularly outstanding. We will definitely return.