“Lake Louise Classics, w/ Yamnuska”

Yamnuska Mountain Adventures - Day Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: We are Canada's premier mountain school and mountain guiding company. located in Canmore, Alberta we offer ice climbing, rock climbing, mountaineering, skiing and avalanche courses. We do day trips as well as multi day programs.
Reviewed September 19, 2012

I did Intro to Mountaineering last year (July 2011) and Lake Louise Classics this summer (July 2012). I started with no mountaineering experience, but was a strong scrambler. The Yamnuska guides are fantastic: very knowledgeable, patient, & good cooks. The climb of Mt. Victoria was absolutely amazing experience. It was a climb of a lifetime, for sure. I would warn that the Lake Louise Classics are a BIG step up, and far more extreme than the climbs in the Intro course. Some outdoor rock climbing experience would also be helpful for the Classics trip. With 4am “alpine starts”, you will be climbing rock (sometimes with crampons) by headlamp.
I must also echo one of the comments below --- for maximum enjoyment, show up in the best shape of your life, and expect some serious “exposure”.

1  Thank D N

Reviewed September 13, 2012

This is a trip of a lifetime! Yamnuska provided the perfect experience for beginners interested in mountaineering. Our trip was seamless from arrival at the airport to departure a week later all thanks to detailed and friendly help from the Yam Office. Over 6 days, we learned the basis of mountaineering and alpine safety through instruction from amazing guides. Their clear instruction and passion about climbing translated into a safe and incredible adventure for our group! Their patience and wonderful sense of humour made it easy for true beginners to gain confidence even in varying weather conditions. Meals were delicious and filling and the Bow Hut was comfortable beyond my expectations! I strongly recommend Yamnuska to anyone interested in mountain adventures - I will definitely be booking through Yam again!

Reviewed August 24, 2012

I went on two trips with Yamnuska summer 2012 and do not regret at all! Great, experienced and safe guides, cool participants from all over the world and beautiful landscape! I recommend the Jasper Highlands and the Mount Assiniboine backpacking trips, and guides Tamara Dykshoorn and Jane Whitney!

Reviewed August 16, 2012

We had eleven people ranging from age 21 to 55 participate in a rock climbing excursion with Yamnuska Mountain Adventures in Canmore. From the onset, Yamnuska was great to work with. Communications were great in going over expectations, requirements, needs, etc. Tailored to our group's experience, they helped us pick just the right climb for the varied group. Every single person said it was one of their favorite things we did on our vacation. They loved the challenge of climbing the rocks and learned a lot about belaying and other technical skills. I only wish we had time to do it again... The only thing I would do differently is to book a full day instead of a half day because everyone had such a blast!

Reviewed August 16, 2012

Mountain adventures... too true! They are easy to find, provide very personal service and thier guides are second to none. I have gone on ice and rock climbing adventures. I have also gone mountaneering and taken courses with Yamnuska. I have had good experiences with other guiding sevices but Yamnuska stands out. Grant Meekins and Richard Howes are favorites of mine. I have big dreams and somehow they manage to make them come true.
I have limited experience so I like the training and certification of an alpine guide. I love the people skills that Yamnuska guides have.
Thanks guys, you made a little old lady happy again this summer!