“Great adventure”

Mad Dogs & Englishmen
Ranked #4 of 32 Tours in Canmore
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: We are a small family-owned and operated Sled Dog Touring company running dogsled tours out of Canmore, AB in the Kananaskis Provincial Park adjacent to Banff National Park. We have been in operation for 15 years with the British Army our main client. We run 2-hour, Half-Day, and Full-Day. This year we have opened our Kennel for tours during the summer season so we can offer family-dog adventures year round. We specialize in smaller groups and encourage involvement so you can experience dogsledding like a real musher.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Activities for young children, Activities for older children
Reviewed April 6, 2014

We had a great time with this team. They were so friendly and the team made us feel totally at ease with the task in had. The dogs were all up for the job and followed instructions without any problems. I would love to do this again.

All reviews
"hour tour"
in 11 reviews
"frozen lake"
in 9 reviews
"the staff are super friendly"
"amazing morning"
"dog lovers"
in 5 reviews
"canadian experience"

Reviewed March 27, 2014

We joined maddogs for a dog sledding expedition that left us both in awe. That morning of the tour, I encounted the worst storm ever and thought perhaps the tour was not going to happen. We went down to the junction cafe (supposed meeting area), saw no one and was about to leave. Just then, we met Dawn, the owner's wife who told us we should be at the trailhead. Some miscommunication there, but she knew I was new driving in such conditions, and she quickly put on her coat and got me to follow her. If not for her, I would have never found the trailhead.

We were the only ones booked, and we had the whole place to ourselves. Matt, our guide, was amazing. He was passionate, explained to us everything, and he was more like a friend than a guide. The tour reminded us again how big this world was. We sledded through the frozen lake that just seemed to go on for milds. We then went into the trees and was treated to views I would have gladly woken up to everyday.

The dogs were all so pretty and friendly. We had a wonderful day and we managed to stop by Dawn's Junction House cafe for curry before we left. Do try the onion bhaji and samosas. Do this experience if you are here during winter, its expensive, but worth your every cent.

3  Thank hrcstockholm
Reviewed January 30, 2014

We just got back from the 4 hour tour and we had an amazing experience!!! The dogs are super and so are the guides. We were all allowed to ride on the back or sit in the sled and change as often as we wanted. The lunch was great and the scenery was stunning.

Thank you so much.

Reviewed January 13, 2014

My husband, two-year old, and I had a great experience dog sledding just before Christmas 2013. Our guide was wonderful and cheerful and had extensive knowledge about all the dogs on our sled. As it was a chilly day (especially for us visiting from Texas!), we weren't sure how our little one would do. We dressed him in snow gear and our guide covered him both in a blanket and in his own outer coat to make sure that he would be toasty in the sled. Within minutes, he was asleep. Not even the excited barking of the dogs could wake him! The views across the Kananaskis area were spectacular and we enjoyed this trip immensely. Interacting with the dogs both before and after the two-hour trip was the highlight for our little guy (and the hot chocolate at the end!). He wanted to hug all the dogs and they didn't seem to mind at all. So glad we did this. When our little one is bigger (probably 7 or more), we'd like to do it again and let him have the experience of "driving" the sled. My husband really enjoyed riding on the back with the guide and I was cozy inside the sled. Overall, a great experience.