“Great venue BUT LOUSY FOOD!!!”

The Iron Goat Pub and Grill
Ranked #11 of 125 Restaurants in Canmore
Cuisines: Canadian, Grill
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: eagle terrace
Reviewed February 20, 2014

We're in Canmore often and our place is just behind the Iron Goat so it's convenient to go there - they do have a great venue and location BUT the food sucks!!

We were just there this past weekend and typically we don't order food from there but we were hungry. Once again we were disappointed with the food. We ordered the chicken sandwich - and they managed to screw it up by sticking this thick fatty strip of uncooked bacon on it which was just GROSS!! When I asked the waitress about it she was very proud that it was their own in house smoked bacon. Well it's awful!

What I would really like to see is someone with some culinary experience take the Iron Goat over and bring it to the potential it deserves!! Not this crap!!

IronGoatPub, General Manager at The Iron Goat Pub and Grill, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2014

I would like to offer my apologies for your most recent experience at The Iron Goat Pub and Grill. As we have worked extremely hard on developing our culinary program I am quite concerned as to the specifics of your experience. We have been receiving great comments from our guests as of late and I would like the opportunity to discuss this with you personally. Please feel free to contact myself at The Iron Goat so I may work to better your experiences with us. Thank you for the honest feedback

Write a ReviewReviews (1,354)

Reviewed February 17, 2014

This was a wonderful dinner! We took our waiter's recommendation and had the Alberta Game meatloaf but asked for the lobster mashed potatoes instead of the Mac and cheese. With the vegetables on the side, this was so tasty! Just writing this makes me want to go back for it again! For dessert we shared the cream puff ice cream sandwich! So good!

Reviewed February 17, 2014

We had a group of 12 people from the US who were attending our wedding the next day. We were able to secure the private room downstairs which was everything we wanted it to be. It was quiet enough to talk, there was a TV monitor in the room, and they arranged a nice buffet table so that we could have cocktails and appetizers before we sat down to eat. The food and service were exceptional. We eat at the Iron Goat frequently, but I must say they really outdid themselves with the food that night. They have so much to offer. Magnificent views during the day, best patio ever, and the option to privately dine at night (when it's dark and you can't see the beautiful views anyway). We have seen the "Goat" get better and better since they first opened. What a great dining option to have so close to our home in Canmore.

Reviewed February 12, 2014

Came in last saturday, Crazy busy, but a fun and stress free atmosphere! We were there with a large party and our table was upstairs. Prior to going up we had drinks at the bar. The bartender was very busy, but was perfectly friendly and attentive regardless of the chit machine. She had a great sense of humour and hearing about Canmore from a born and bred local was great! The staff upstairs were great, super attentive, We drank them dry!! We never felt like we were being pushed out the door, and the group of ladies there for a bachelorette party seemed like they were having a great time! perfect for all groups and expectations.

overall a must go to place, even just for some drinks!

Reviewed February 11, 2014

wow....had a voucher from our resort and holy what a menu....duck wings rocked and the calamari.....yay not breaded...thought I was in Mexico...the best in Canada Iv'e had yet...serious....the only thing that I didn't like was the assistant manager made a comment that we were "bikers".....? Lmao....I was wearing a POOK toque...? Some people are just rude anyways so ignore him....this is a good place to eat....