“Great Food and Great Setting”

The Iron Goat Pub and Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
The Iron Goat Pub and Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 119 Restaurants in Canmore
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, Canadian, Grill
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: eagle terrace
Canmore, Canada
“Great Food and Great Setting”
Reviewed December 2, 2013

The meals have been reliably good to great. (unlike a few other places we have been to in Canmore) The views are the best in town. The setting is unique. In the winter the huge fireplace is comforting. The staff has always been friendly and helpfull. The prices are reasonable. What more can one ask for?

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank fadamek

Sherwood Park, Canada
“A Mountain Epicurean Experience”
Reviewed December 1, 2013

It would be an error to rate a restaurant simply because of its grandeur and breath taking views BUT, it would be hard to miss that out about this great eatery! The building itself took millions to construct and the view is well, THE VIEW! I have eaten here many times and always with good company. I have tried almost everything though, I particularity love their Alberta Game Meatloaf. Their ribs are wonderful and one of group so enjoyed the fish and chips that he had it again the next evening. Who eats fish and chips in the Rockies? Take the driving experience up to this restaurant, it is only minutes from downtown. The dinner will be worth the effort. After dinner, take a drive through some of the surrounding crescents as some of the most expensive homes in Canmore, are nestled in this area.

2 Thank baudley
Calgary, Canada
“Comfortable and Delicious”
Reviewed December 1, 2013

We were recommended the Iron Goat by the staff at the Falcon Crest Lodge, and had a wonderful dinner here. Our waiter Steven was a fantastic fellow who took care of all our needs and gave us some great recomendations. Even though the restaurant was quite busy, the high ceilings really help keep the volume controlled and so we felt like we could really enjoy our meal and time together--plus the look and feel of the entire place is very comfortable. Our food was excellent, and I feel on par for the price. We plan on introducing some of our friends here in the near future!

Lethbridge, Canada
“EAT HERE or your missing out!”
Reviewed November 27, 2013

After scanning through TA and checking out the menu, my wife and I had dinner here while we were in Canmore for a ski holiday.

Our meal consisted of bruschetta, artic char and the Tuscany chicken. We complimented our meal with a glass of Astro Sauvignon Blanc and a glass of Backmoor Pinot Noir. Everything was absolutely incredible. The service, the presentation, the flavors and the atmosphere. Next time we are in town we will definitely come back.

Ontario, Canada
“Absolutley horible”
Reviewed November 26, 2013

I have never had such bad service. Since i travel alot i use tripadvisor to guide me to restaurants the reviews are usually quite acurate. I was disgusted by both the food and the service at the iron goat. I waited for 15min to be seated in a practicaly empty restaurant, when i was finaly seated (by a quite rude waitress) i was left with a menue and a sour taste in my mouth. When the waitres finally arived to ask if i wanted a drink i informed i was in a slight hurry and would simply prefer to order my food and a glass of water. She then let me know that my food would come when it came she was not responsible for the speed my food was prepared with, when i finaly got my food ( maple baby back ribs) i was appaled. The presentation was nonexisting the ribs were dry and tastlest and they were served with a bbq sauce instead of the mapple. It took me annother 20 minutes to get a servers atention (since "my server" was standing just inside the kitchen doors complaining about a picky customer and beeing quite rude about it. ) the young man was quite helpful and promptly took my food back to the kitchen, the girl who had origionaly served me brought back my meal telling me and i quote: "i would apreciate it if you didnt complain to the other servers, you arn't my only customer i will get to you when i can" she then proceded to practicaly slam my plate on the table and stalk off to the kitchen were a new heated conversation about "a b****y custumor" could be heard through out the restaurant i was so embarest and appaled i paid for my food and left withought eating. (At this time my ribs had a strange smell... asif they had simply added the mapple over the bbq and added some garlic) do not wast your money, i would have prefered mcdonalds.

4 Thank LouiseLeC
IronGoatPub, General Manager at The Iron Goat Pub and Grill, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
I would like to apolaigze for your recent experience at The Iron Goat Pub and Grill. we pride ourselves on exceeding expecatations and have failed to do so on your visit. I have addresssed your concerns , as it is through guest feedback we are able to continue to improve. I would like to speak with you personally reagrding your experience, should you have the opportunity to contact us at the Iron Goat