“Very good dining experience!”

The Iron Goat Pub and Grill
Ranked #12 of 125 Restaurants in Canmore
Cuisines: Canadian, Grill
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: eagle terrace
Reviewed February 11, 2013

We've eaten there twice in one month. Both times we sat in the bar area and the service was excellent. We've tried the smoked wings, Alberta baby back ribs, and slow and low bison back ribs. I would give it a solid 5 but the side dishes - baked beans and slaw were not to our liking. Our dining experience was very good.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,353)

Reviewed January 22, 2013

This was our first visit to the Iron Goat, so I ordered the Chicken Wellington over a couple of other potential choices on the menu (Seafood Grill or Meat Loaf also looked tempting).
The Chicken Wellington was absolutely great - no taste dominated, so the phyllo, chicken and other ingredients complemented each other, and were cooked perfectly. The risotto side was creamy with a subtle corn taste.
The restaurant was quiet as we went early, but service was great (Travis and Rebecca).

For anyone reading this, I highly recommend the Chicken. It's not cheap, but it is a tasty dish.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

My husband and I recently enjoyed a great lunch here. Our service was excellent and the view is outstanding! Can't wait to come back in the summer so we can sit outside. I thought the menu had a good variety - something for all tastes. Good value for the serving size. It is family friendly but not in a McDonald's sense - just saying they do have a kids menu and they give them special attention. I would definitely go back.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

Definitely one of our favourites in Canmore. Highly recommended. Good food . . well prepared. Lovely scenery over the Three Sisters. Whole family can dine and the bill is affordable.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

I'm a local Canmorite who used to go to the Iron Goat quite a bit because it's close to our house in town. Our visits have slowed considerably over the years because the food quality is so 'iffy'...the service is good and the restaurant is stunning, but the food really lets you down in the end given the cost of meals.

If you're just looking to drink and snack, this is one of the best summer patios in the mountains.