“Great meal and good value!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Iron Goat Pub and Grill

The Iron Goat Pub and Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
The Iron Goat Pub and Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 119 Restaurants in Canmore
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, Canadian, Grill
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: eagle terrace
Calgary, Canada
“Great meal and good value!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2011

We thoroughly enjoyed the Iron Goat. We were in Canmore for the weekend for a getaway from the city and had a great meal for a very reasonable price (less than $100 for two drinks each, a shared appetizer, two entrees, and a shared dessert). The brushetta was fabulous and my husband loved his prime rib special. I tried the Tuscan Ragu, which was full of flavor. We loved the decor, the fireplace, and the ambiance. A perfect meal in the mountains. Our server was very attentive and the manager checked up on us several times. We were looked after well.

• Visited December 2011
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Tara M

canada
“Great location - but poor service & mediocore food”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2011

The drive up to the Iron Goat was lovely, and it's situated in an absolutely beautiful spot. Even in the night, we couldn't see the views but it was a stunning property, a very impressive building situated up to maximize views. When we arrived, there was a few people waiting to be seated - we at first assumed it was lined up but it just seemed to take a long time (about 10 minutes) to seat a party of 5. I should have realized it wasn't going to be a good experience when a patron accidentally dropped a mint on the floor on her way out, and I saw the manager pick it up and put it back in the bowl before seating us (it was wrapped in plastic, but still).

Things started out great - our server at first was very courteous and prompt, took our drink order and came back twice to take our food order (we weren't ready the first time) which is great. Our appetizers arrived, French Onion soup which was not the best I've had, but it was okay....and then we waited...I'd say it was probably close to an hour before the main course arrived. I don't know it it's because we had to wait so long or if it really just was very bland and uninspired food. My husband ordered a steak, $35 I believe it was and it had to be the smallest, flattest unappealing looking steak I've seen in a restaurant in years. This is Alberta after all, that was an embarassment if that was in fact Alberta beef. The flavour was simply not there. I ordered a seafood dish, which I was expecting to be similiar to dishes I've had in Calgary restaurants, but when it came it appeared more like a stirfry of cut pieces of seafood with lots of odd pairings of vegetables. During this whole time of waiting for the main course, the server completely disappeared - in fact my drink was empty about 10 minutes after our appetizers and she never once asked if I wanted another, so I decided to just drink the free water instead.

I've never been to a restaurant where the servers spend more time cleaning & re-setting empty tables, than dealing with the actual customers. When the bill finally arrived after the meal, I sat there for about 15-20 minutes (my husband left) with my credit card in hand and my server walked past 4 times to clean other tables. I actually had to leave the table and approach her to pay the bill. This is probably the worst service I have encountered in a restaurant in about 5 years, and with the bland food I am definitely not recommending this restaurant and will go so far as to tell others to avoid it. Extremely disappointed, the inside of the restaurant is absolutely beautiful but they seem to have spent more time on the decor than on the menu and its staff.

• Visited November 2011
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank sunflower7829
IronGoatPub, General Manager at The Iron Goat Pub and Grill, responded to this review, December 3, 2011
First and Foremost let me apologize for your recent experience at The Iron Goat Pub and Grill. We pride ourselves on exceeding each and every guest's expectations and is obvious we failed to do so during your evening. I would like to speak with you personally regarding your experience in an effort to show you what makes us not only an unforgettable setting to dine in but also one that exceeds expectations with good food and great service. Please feel free to contact myself at your convenience
Michael Hay
Regina, Canada
“Outstanding Food and View”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2011

We heard about this place from a friend who eat there. The food was outstanding, prices were average, the view was unforgettable and the service was excellent. This place is a has to visit for sure if you hit Canmore..

• Visited September 2011
“Fabulous Meatloaf”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2011

If you want to try some excellent comfort food on a cold day in Canmore, try the homemade meatloaf with elk, goat and bison meat - tender and juicy with a side of garlic mashed potatoes and a delicious gravy. Stick-to-your-ribs good fun!

Visited November 2011
1 Thank petrox
Calgary, Canada
“Beautifully situated - good meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2011

My wife and I had a very enjoyable meal at this restaurant We were in Canmore for a quiet mountain escape and the meal we had was inkeeping with that. I had the Elk Ribeye and I would highly recommend it to anyone. My wife had The tenderloin trio and she enjoyed that as well.

Visited February 2011