“A wonderful dining experience!”

Rustica Steakhouse at Silvertip Golf Resort
Reserve with OpenTable
Rustica Steakhouse at Silvertip Golf Resort is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 119 Restaurants in Canmore
Cuisines: Canadian, Steakhouse
Good for: Scenic view, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Silvertip Road
Description: For a perfectly prepared, thick and mouth-watering 100% Canadian Prime steak, this is it. 100% Canadian Prime represents the top 3% of all beef graded in Canada and is renowned for its outstanding flavor and tenderness. It’s the only beef we serve! All of our steaks are prepared with house-made steak seasoning and finished under our new 1500 degree broiler. Where Magazine's "One of Canada's Best New Restaurants" for 2009. Opentable's Best Restaurant Award 2010 and 2011 Need a great wine to pair with dinner? Our wine list has been recognized with Wine Spectator's Award of Excellence for 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012. Come and join us for a remarkable dining experience - we look foward to seeing you.
Sarasota, Florida
“A wonderful dining experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

My husband and I have just spent 11 days in the beautiful Rockies and I wanted dinner on our last evening to be special. After searching TripAdvisor and reading MANY reviews, I decided on Rustica. The entire evening was wonderful. Had a beautiful table by the window overlooking the mountains and golf course. We both ordered a glass of cabernet and I started with the Silvertip Salad. I have to say, it was one of the best salads I've ever had. Pricey, yes. But excellent. My husband had the Butternut Squash soup. Pricey, yes. But excellent. Notice the theme? We both had the filet medium rare and they were cooked to perfection. We split two sides - the sweet pea risotto (OMG! Fantastic!) and the sweet potato fries. YUM!!! No dessert for us. We had a fantastic evening at Rustica and our server was great! It was a wonderful way to end one of our dream vacations! I highly recommend this restaurant. I don't quite understand the recent negative reviews but, hey, anyone can have an off day. More often that not though, this restaurant gets great reviews and I just had to write another one. We would definitely dine here again if we ever make it back to the GORGEOUS Canadian Rockies!!

Canmore, Alberta, Canada
“Spectacular views, nice ambience but the food is slipping”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

Rustica has always been a favourite for special occasions. The views of the mountains and Silver Tip golf course are beautiful and you could always count on a gourmet, high end quality of food. We were disappointed with our meal. While the food was good it was not up to the standard this restaurant has become known for. The salad was dripping in dressing rather than having just the right amount so the lettuce remains crisp and flavourful. The risotto was very good but the other sides and our meat was average. We understand there has been a change in personnel in the kitchen and they are still working out the menu and the cooking. So we will give them a bit of time to get this right and give them another chance with fingers crossed the gourmet level returns.

However we have had a consistently good experience with the food at Stony's restaurant which is the pub where many go for a drink and meal after a round of golf. This remains very good. The outdoor patio is wonderful and worth the short drive from downtown Canmore.

1 Thank Mabes1975
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
“Amazing steak!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

When we go on vacation, I really like to go to a good steakhouse one night for dinner. When we came to Canmore for a 2.5 day kid-free break, I didn't expect my steak dreams would come true. I wasn't sure if there were many good restaurants in Canmore and would rather eat McDonalds than go to the Keg in Banff. The front desk recommended Rustica and I thought we should give it a try. It was AMAZING. My filet was perfectly cooked and simply delicious. The sides were very good.. sweet pea risotto and asparagus were perfect. Wish we would have skipped the sweet potato fries and tried something else though, they were fine but I think other choices would have been better. Extensively wine list and Kilkenny on tap (Kilkenny and filet mignon is a great combo!). I would definitely go back.

Manitoba
“Disappointing service and food for a special event”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

From the surly response of our waiter when we walked in the door to the misunderstandings with the details of our reservation, we were disappointed with our experience at Rustica. We came from out of province as a group of 19 to celebrate a 50th anniversary and had contacted the restaurant on several occasions to request a particular table set-up and to ask questions about the menu. Only after considerable negotiation with several staff and the manager, we were pleased that they accommodated our request to dine in a separate banquet room that was not originally offered to us. The food was satisfactory but did not live up to the price tag. Steaks were overdone and portions of side dishes were meagre. The female server who helped set up the tables and delivered some of the food was the only bright spot in the service. Despite the disappointing contribution of the restaurant, we managed to enjoy our evening and celebrate 50 years of marriage but we would not return to this restaurant in the future.

2 Thank 1981Gary1981
Chicago
“Stick to Golf”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

The positive: because of the poor service we received, our waiter provided the bottle of wine we ordered "on the house", which was a nice touch.

The negative: the service and food were not great. We visited on a Saturday night, where there were two other huge tables of golfers for dinner before us. It seemed like a starter off the course was the host who seated us, and it literally took 20 minutes till a waitstaff person actually came to our table to take drink and food orders. Not sure what restaurant the other reviewers visited, but we were disappointed. Not well managed, need more than two waitstaff persons taking orders for the whole restaurant on a Saturday evening. The steaks were supposed to "cut like butter" so they don't provide steak knives. Bad assumption, and they didn't ask us to check for the correct level of done-ness like "real" steakhouses do.

2 Thank IDunnoWhoYouThinkIAm