Silver Creek Lodge
Rocky Mountain Ski Lodge(Canmore)(Great Value!)
$77
$62
Stoneridge Mountain Resort by CLIQUE(Canmore)(Great Value!)
$141
Official Hotel
Best Western Pocaterra Inn(Canmore)(Great Value!)
$136
$112
$62
Blackstone Mountain Lodge by CLIQUE(Canmore)(Great Value!)
$99
Hotels.com
Holiday Inn Canmore(Canmore)(Great Value!)
$100
Copperstone Resort by CLIQUE(Dead Man's Flats)(Great Value!)
$106
Orbitz.com
Falcon Crest Lodge by CLIQUE(Canmore)(Great Value!)
$122
$101
Canmore Rocky Mountain Inn(Canmore)(Great Value!)
$69
$111
$67
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
All reviewswild orchidbodhi treehot poolsthe kitchensteam roomone bedroom suiteunderground parkingsoaker tubsound systemhotel roommain floortim hortonsnice stayelectric fireplaceoff the highwaylarge bathroomfront desk staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 26, 2013

Excellent place to stay while in Canmore. We were a family with a dog, the staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was very comfortable and had everything we needed including the full kitchen. We were able to enjoy the hot tub and found the parking very convenient.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Waymarker, Director of Sales at Silver Creek Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2014

Thank you MarnieVDV for staying with us and brining your dog as well!!! So great to hear that you enjoyed your stay and our onsite/in-room amenities!!! we looking forward to hosting you again very soon!!!

Reviewed December 25, 2013

The Rooms here are Beautiful. We stayed in the suite with a King Size bed and a massive tub that fills from the ceiling. The staff was great and underground parking was nice. The only possible complaint I would have was that the room was WAY too hot and seemed to be impossible to cool off. We were here in December and had the heat right off but still had to open doors and windows but it was still too hot. Other than that Everything thing else was absolutely amazing !! We have stayed again since and will again in the future !!

Room Tip: The King 1 Bedroom suites are Amazing !!!
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you JasonF589 for staying with us! We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Silver Creek and used the in room amenities....unfortunate about the heat but as an explanation the weather outside was warm to cold, then cod to warm so it is hard to regulate an even temperature in such a large building.....thank you again and we do look forward to your next stay!

Reviewed December 12, 2013

We stayed midweek at the Silver Creek Lodge in Canmore. Our booking provided a 4pm check-in but we arrived early and called ahead to confirm we could check-in early. The front desk staffer was very friendly and informed. I was surprised to learn the on site restaurant was closed. That's inconvenient! We were told there was free wifi but each device needed it's only password to connect. It wasn't a problem to get 5 codes. We parked underground and the parkade was dead. (That explains being able to check-in early!)

Upon entering the suite, I immediately checked out the view. WOW!!!! Breathtaking!!!!

The next thing I did was try to get on the wifi as we both had some work to do before we could relax. We tried to connect our devices throughout our entire stay and could not get connected at all. Didn't even get to the part where the system asked for our password. It was frustrating and disappointing. Grrrr hotel wifi! Don't advertise it if we can't actually use it!

After surveying the suite I realized it was much smaller than I expected. We stayed at another resort in 2010 and I think I had unconsciously hoped for similar accommodations (which I admit is unfair). I think what throws off the room design is the furniture (sofa, coffee table, end tables, bed etc) is low profile BUT the tiny kitchen is dwarfed by an enormous bar height island that takes up all the space. The difference in scale and height really was disproportionate. The island looks ridiculous and is a monstrosity in that small space.

The decor of the suite was simple and nice. Everything was very clean! The bedroom was cozy. I didn't like that the only light source in the bedroom was small bedside lamps that give off subdued lighting (Husband prefers it though).

The bathroom was beautiful with an enormous tub, big enough for two! We thought the rain style shower head would feel amazing but there wasn't much water pressure. Unfortunately the toilet plugged 7 times that night. This is even with the 1-ply toilet paper the Lodge provides (yuck). At first we assumed the fault was ours for plugging the toilet but who enjoys plunging? I assure you after plunging twice, we modified our routine and knew that there was something wrong with the toilet. We knew the front desk wouldn't be able to get maintenance to fix the toilet at that time of night so chose to address the issue upon checking out so that the next guest wouldn't be as inconvenienced.

The other issue I addressed upon checking out was the lack of climate control in the suite. It was stifling hot no matter what we did. We opened the patio doors for a spell to cool things off but the heat kept going. We turned the thermostat all the way down but even after 4hrs the thermostat didn't show our changes. We slept with the bedroom window wide open all night and it didn't help at all (air wouldn't enter the room!!).

I would be interested to know if all suites have the monstrous islands in the kitchen? I think based upon location, view, modern furnishings, bed comfort and tub size, we would stay at the Silver Creek Lodge again but only if discounted rates were available.

• Stayed: December 2013

Thank you for staying with us....we are sorry to hear your report about the WiFi...it can be spotty signals especially being in the mountains but we are trying to work out the kinks. I hope that next time you do stay with us that it won't be as disappointing for you but are glad to read that you would come back!!

Reviewed November 28, 2013

My partner and I visited recently. We enjoyed a fireplace and soaker tub in our Zen inspired room and relaxed in an outdoor hot tub while snow flakes fell from the sky. Breathtaking mountain views from our rooms window. My partner and I decided to make this a regular relaxation destination.

• Stayed: November 2013

Thank you babyblaze for staying with us and we are glad to know that you and your partner will be back....so romantic being in the hot tubs with snow lightly falling......

Reviewed November 18, 2013

My boyfriend booked a weeked in this hotel in October and we were very happy with the room and the service. The room was wonderful and very comfortable. The one thing we really loved was waking up to a really goregous view of the mountians right ouside our window. We only stayed for the weekend but I wish we coud have stayed longer! The bedroom was pretty cozy and the fireplace was a nice touch.
We had dinner downstairs on our first night at the Wild Orchid Bistro which is gluten free. The staff was friendly and made sure we were satisfied throughout the night.
We really wanted to make it down to the spa/hot tubs but because of our short visit we never had the time. Perhaps next time!
Overall it was a really nice stay and great way to spend a quicky weekend getaway to the mountains.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Waymarker, Director of Sales at Silver Creek Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2013

Thank you Cheddarfuzz for staying at Silver Creek Lodge!! We appreciate your comments and are glad to hear that you woke up to a wonderful view!!! We hope to see you again very soon!