“Good service and great mountain views”
Review of Silver Creek Lodge

Silver Creek Lodge
Ranked #12 of 28 Hotels in Canmore
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Good service and great mountain views”
Reviewed September 28, 2013

We really enjoyed our recent stay (6 nights). The suite was lovely and the views were great, even on the ground floor. Very helpful staff, who booked us taxis and got the room phone fixed. Very good restaurant too. It is too far to walk into the centre of Canmore but that was not really a problem given the easy availability of taxis.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
judyhr11, Director of Sales at Silver Creek Lodge, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Thank you Teresa P!!! Thank you for sharing your holiday with us and we are so glad to help out all of our guests with whatever they need!!! Your lovely comments are treasured by our staff!!! We hope to see you again very soon!!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed September 25, 2013

we had a very enjoyable stay & in fact changed our travel plans in order to extended our stay. the staff was excellent, very helpful and friendly we would stay again & have no hesitancy in recommending to others. .

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you bha98188! Thank you for extending your stay with us. We do pride ourselves on our friendly staff and being very helpful for our guests so thank you!!! We hope to see you back again soon!!!
Nanaimo, Canada
Reviewed September 23, 2013

We stayed 2 nights at the lodge on the 3rd floor (room 313) and the view from our room was of the 3 sisters mountains, absolutely breathtaking. The room was clean and well equipped the only complaint we had was the internet was not working during our stay and there is only 2 bedside lamps that give off very little light in the bedroom so it was hard finding stuff at night. At this point we would have said this place was top notch.We took off to calgary for a few days and then decided to stay for another 2 nights on our way back home. We arrived around 1pm and they were able to check us in early which was awesome, however, this time our stay wasn't quite as enjoyable. We put up the do not disturb sign as we went out for breakfast, yet the housekeeping staff entered and tidied our room anyways, not a huge deal, just a little annoying. Later on my husband found a small pink pill on the floor, we had our 7 month old with us so this was a little concerning because if he hadn't found it, our son could have eaten it, as we allowed him to crawl on the carpet. Keep in mind there was no pink pill on the floor when we arrived the day before(I always scan the floors and inspect the cleanliness of a room) so this somehow appeared after the cleaning staff entered our room, kinda creepy, if you ask me. I found the pillows on the bed in this room too large as well, so i had to sleep without them.Despite all this we still enjoyed our stay because the view was amazing and having the full kitchen and laundry room made our life easier, but if we come back to canmore we will probably stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: Stay on the 3rd or 4th floor facing the mountains only. The other rooms face the street.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you Donnalsherwood for your comments and for staying at Silver Creek...we have taken your comments and discussed them at our housekeeping meeting so that they are aware of this. This is not a common occurrence I assure you. We would like for you to give us a third chance and if you would like to discuss this possibility please do not hesitate to contact me. judy@waymarker.ca
Port Orange
Reviewed September 21, 2013

My wife and I spent a good deal of time evaluating various hotels in the Canmore area in preparation of our recent 2-week trip to Canada. We selected the Silver Creek, in part, due to the availability of a patio/balcony so as to enjoy the wonderful weather (as compared to the heat of home-state Florida). Our written confirmation specifically stated that our reservation included either a balcony or a patio.

When we arrived, we were given a room with neither. I went to the front-desk to ask for another room, but was told there were no more available, and that I should return the next morning and see the front-desk manager.

I did exactly that the next morning. I was told by this person that the reservation agent had erred, and that we were not to have been given a room with a balcony/patio. When I informed her that we had written confirmation of a patio/balcony, she became indignant and said it was the reservation agent's problem, and not hers. (I doubt her excuse, however as who would provide room descriptions if not lodge management.)

To err on a reservation is understood. Mistakes happen. But to not correct the error is not to be forgiven nor forgotten imo.

The lodge had nice rooms, clean, conveniently located, but I will NEVER return to this location, nor will I recommend any of my friends and colleagues stay here. The management has proven themselves less than credible in customer service.

Room Tip: read reviews!!!!!
3 Thank Dan N
I am sorry to hear that you were not treated as you had hoped. This is not our way....I would like to discuss this further with you so that you can be heard by Management...if you had booked this with an online travel agent there were some discrepancies on their websites which because of your comments we have rectified so that this does not happen again. I would love to discuss with you some options, please feel free to contact me judy@waymarker.ca
Saskatoon, Canada
Reviewed September 19, 2013

To start off, when my wife and I first arrived at the hotel we walked in through the front entrance only to witness the front desk girl (she said her name was jaden) showing affected to a much older man. They were in the door way next to the computer making out. I coughed to get their attention; my wife and I were not impressed at all. Very discusting seeing an older man handling a young woman like that. After we got in to our room we discovered a make up stain on the pillow case along with hairs under the comforter and in the shower. It looked like a monkey cleaned the room. We were furious. We continued to go back down to the front desk and we found the same young woman with her hands on the mans lap. At this point, we demanded a complete refund of our room. She said she could not do this so she put us in a suite. The suite was nice but our experience with the hotel and its employees was very unsatisfying. The company should hire a more professional front desk agent.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jim P
Waymarker, General Manager at Silver Creek Lodge, responded to this review, September 21, 2013
Dear Jim P.

We are exceptionally disappointed to read about your experience at Silver Creek Lodge. It is our company goal to impress our guests and clearly our front desk agent acted very inappropriately. Prior to you posting your review, measures had been taken to improve the standard of our front desk staff. The majority of our guests enjoy the service provided by our team and we are very sorry for your circumstance. Please contact the General Manager, Barbara Scott at barb.scott@waymarker.ca. We look forward to speaking with you regarding this matter.
Esquimalt, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed September 19, 2013

What a wonderful place, most enjoyable. Rooms were above par, lovely and clean, spotless in fact. Staff were so friendly and helpful to us from the moment of arrival to our departure. Hot tubs were a pleasant retreat after long days travelling around the Rockies. The view from the room was amazing. We would recommend Silver Creek Lodge to anyone looking for somewhere to stay in Canmore Ab. Thanks once again to all the staff. We will return. Cheers.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Peter C. Thank you for your wonderful comments about Silver Creek!!! We are so happy to know that you enjoyed our accommodations and the hot tubs!!! We hope to see you again soon!!!
Canada
Reviewed September 17, 2013

We stayed for 3 nights along with our two year old son in a 1 bedroom suite. I was a bit disappointed with the location of the lodge when we arrived as it is right next to the highway, but we lucked out and were given a room facing the opposite direction (towards town and the mountains), so the sound wasn't bad. The king sized bed was very comfortable and there was space for our toddler to sleep on the floor next to the bed. The blackout curtains were fantastic...made for a great night sleep for us and our toddler. The facility was very quiet, although this may have been a factor of the fact that we stayed mid-week in September (not a very busy time), and often felt like we were the only guests. We were the only ones using all 3 hot tubs the first night. We had some problems with the DVD player in our room, but the front desk staff came promptly and replaced it for us with a working unit.

The kitchen is equipped with the very basics. Would be nice if there were some staples for use (e.g. Olive oil, a few condiments, etc.) for cooking. I also would have thought it would be nice if there were BBQing facilities available.

If we stayed again, I might consider booking a main floor unit so my toddler could roam outside. I was a bit nervous with him on the third floor balcony but the view was enjoyable.

This was our first time staying in town (usually we stay in Three Sisters area), and if you are looking for a peaceful mountain getaway, I prefer Three Sisters rather than next to a major highway but was happy with the accommodation overall.

Would be nice if there were more amenities for kids (playground, etc) nearby.

Room Tip: Choose on the backside of the building away from the highway (although in busier times this might ha...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your great comments and suggestions...we are glad that your family enjoyed their stay with us and do manage another hotel that is more "Family Friendly"!! If you would like more information about this please do not hesitate to contact me. judy@waymarker.ca