All reviewswild orchidbodhi treehot poolsthe kitchensteam roomone bedroom suiteunderground parkingbeautiful bathroomdeep tubsound systemhotel roommain floorelectric fireplacetim hortonsoff the highwaywasher dryerlaundry room
Reviewed January 3, 2013

We went for New Years, and rented the 2 bedroom suite - there were 2 couples and 2 children (who slept on the pull out sofa) - great kitchen amenities fully stocked with dishes/pans etc so it was easy for us to make meals. We went with another couple w/.2 small children and although we had booked rooms to be beside each other, and when the other couple checked in they were told we would all be together, we ended up on 2nd floor at one end of the building, they were on the 3rd floor other end - a little frustrating as it meant each night they had to carry their little ones a long way back to their room. The hotel staff apologised and offered us 2 bottles of wine for the mix up. Rooms were nice, fairly clean in the main areas, but if you looked in the corners / on the baseboards a little dusty - housekeeping could do a more thorough job but it was certainly clean where it counted. Housekeeping came really late on the 1st day (5pm) so we just asked for fresh towels as we didn't want to have to load everyone up and out - they had a number of checkouts as it was Jan 1 so understandable. The hot pools were nice and we enjoyed that area. The only negative experience we had was on the 2nd day when we went back to the hot pools there were no towels out at the pool area (the day before there had been a stack of them) - my husband went in to the spa to ask for 2 towels for our children, and was rudely told "no" they are only for spa guests - fair enough, but no signage/information anywhere to indicate we needed to bring towels from the room, and the day before they had been available (when the spa was closed) - so my advice is to be sure to take your towel with you as I had to trek back for ours (most hotels do NOT want you to take towels from the room!) All in all, we would recommend and would stay here again. We were in a room facing the highway and found it to be surprisingly quiet - as were the hotel suites.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Waymarker, Director of Sales at Silver Creek Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2013

Thank you for spending New Year's at Silver Creek!! The two bedroom suites are perfect for families and children so thank you for pointing this out!! Sorry you had a negative experience down in the spa area and next time you come please come to the Front Desk for pool towels as we always have some there. Thank you also for your patience at one of our busiest times of the year. We always appreciate that!! We hope you and your family will spend next New Year's with us!!!

Reviewed December 31, 2012

Had a nice experience here. The room we had was a 2 bed apartment. It was very quiet - didnt mind the trains. The room is needing a refresh, chipped furniture and trim. Lighting in bedrooms bad and had to make some comprimises with heat. One bedroom very hot and one bedroom cold. The staff were awesome, brought us blankets for the cold room. The cleaning staff were fantastic. Loved the 3 hotpools. Always had one to ourselves. Had a fire alarm evac-
The staff didn't seem to know what to do. After the fire dept came it was determined to be a false alarm. The manager assured us the staff would get some emergency training.
Although the spa and restaurant are not owned by the hotel, we tried them both. The spa was nice and the restaurant not.
All in all a great place for the money. Just have to look over a few things to enjoy the pluses.
When comparing (there is so many choices) consider the heated underground parking. That was fabulous. Arrived at -30 and it was nice to always get into a warm vehicle and no scrapping windshields.

Room Tip: I think all are good- trains were not a concern. Maybe choose top floor as we had issues with stomping people above us very early a few times
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for spending your Christmas Holidays with us!! We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed yourselves!! Sorry for the false alarm but that does happen on occasion, good to know the alarms work!! We have had all of our new staff emergency trained so thank you for helping us with that by your comments. We appreciate all!!! So thank you again!!! We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed December 31, 2012

I've stayed here twice and the first time was outstanding - I would've rated it a high 5 out of 5. This last time made me so angry with the hotel that I will not be going back. We booked several rooms for a family Christmas celebration and we changed our dates from when we originally wanted to go specifically because the hotel said that we could have our rooms all together on these certain days, or at least on the same floor, which was of upmost importance to us. All of our rooms were supposed to be on the 2nd floor, but when we got there one room was not only on a different floor, but as far away from the other rooms as possible. Despite my desperate pleas to change rooms so our family could be together the hotel staff did nothing - didn't even offer a discount for their error. We would've stayed at another hotel if they would've at least had the courtesy to inform us beforehand that we were being 'bumped' and wouldn't be together.
We were also told our rooms would all have king beds, but that wasn't true either - we had a queen bed and a very small suite. Not impressed.

Room Tip: It doesn't matter which room you choose because you'll be bumped if a condo owner decides to show up
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank DeannaLeah
Reviewed December 4, 2012

We stayed at this hotel just for one night this past weekend - our first getaway just the two of us since having our first child 15 months ago. Our first impressions were very good. Our room was very nice, the bed was very nice, the hot tubs were wonderful. We went out for dinner, and then everything went wrong.

We came back from dinner about 10:40 pm. My card didn't work to enter the underground parking. Fortunately, it wasn't yet 11 (which is when the front desk shuts down for the night), so someone was still at the front desk to let us in. We went up to our room, and as we approached it, we started smelling gas. We entered the room and were immediately overwhelmed by the smell of gas. To me it smelled like gasoline. It stung our eyes and noses, and gave us headaches instantly. We quickly stepped out and went to the front desk. Again, thank goodness it wasn't yet 11, or we'd have been stuck (either outside, or sleeping in a gas-filled room). The desk clerk was very helpful, and immediately gave us another room.

We grabbed our stuff out of our old room as quickly as we could, opened the patio door to let it air out, and then went up to our new room. My wife called down to catch the desk clerk before she left to let her know that we left the door open in our original room, so that it wouldn't get left open all night. We also asked why it was so hot in our new room, as the thermostat (which someone had lowered to 12 celsius) said that it was 25 degrees in the room! We were assured it would cool off soon.

The new room was not nearly as nice. The alarm clock wouldn't turn on, and there was no big deep tub like the original room had. Nor was there a balcony.

Well, we slept in that room, in Canmore in December, with the window wide open all night. In the morning, it was up to 26 degrees. And all of the clothes in our suitcase smelled like gas.

We mentioned all this at the front desk the next morning (same clerk as the night before). She apologized for the inconvenience, but that's it. No discount, no nothing. It was not a pleasant stay, and they did nothing to make us ever want to come back or recommend it to anyone.

And all I can think is what would we have done if we'd gotten back from dinner after 11? I guess I'd be writing reviews of two hotels.

Room Tip: Your choice between sweltering heat or headaches from the smell of gas. There are pros and cons to each.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
7  Thank cfrydj
Waymarker, Director of Sales at Silver Creek Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2012

Thank you for writing your thoughts on Trip Advisor. We are sorry to hear that you smelled gas in your suite (our fireplaces are electrical ) and with some further investigating we found out that the Esso located just down the street were replacing their gas pumps so the whole area unfortunately was permeated with a gas smell. Unfortunately that is out of our control.
I would like to see you try staying with us again when visiting Canmore so if you would like to discuss this please do not hesitate to contact me. judy@waymarker.ca

I hope to hear from you soon and we wish you very Happy Holidays!!

Reviewed November 26, 2012

I struggle on whether or not I should give a this lodge a 3 or a 4 rating. The pricing was reasonable. We arrived in Canmore late Friday and couldn't find the Lodge, it is tucked away. We phone for directions and did not get an adequate response so we just had to figure it out on our own. Eventually, we stop at their affiliated spa and they directed us to the Lodge.

Front desk staff was professional and friendly. Restaurant was great, good service and good food. The hotel was pretty and the view from our room was beautiful. The rooms were well designed and attractive (except the shower was very small and sinks very shallow). Beds are comfortable enough. Our Satellite tv didn't work, no remote in room so I asked for one which was delivered but after following the directions a number of times it didn't work. No movies on tv had to go to front desk to rent them. We didn't bother.

The room wasn't as clean as I would have liked. It was dusty and there was dead flies behind end tables (open concept) in living room. White stuff on floor in one of the bathrooms which I think was toothpaste from a previous stay. One of the toilets handle stuck. Alarm clocks were hard to set and didn't work. Also, they were having problems with one of the elevators and they are very slow. Not much to do at the hotel.

We did try out the Rapunzels Spa, which is their 'sister' spa , It was excellent. Best massage I had in a long time! Pedicure was good too. I think this place is a must. I had Chris for my massage therapist and he was awesome.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write on Trip Advisor, we really appreciate you doing so. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! We are sorry to hear that you had a hard time finding us so I will look over our directions on our confirmation letters and see where we can improve. Thank you again and we hope to see you again soon!!