All reviewswild orchidbodhi treehot poolsthe kitchensteam roomone bedroom suiteunderground parkingbeautiful bathroomdeep tubsound systemhotel roommain floorelectric fireplacetim hortonswasher dryeroff the highwaylaundry room
Reviewed December 4, 2012

We stayed at this hotel just for one night this past weekend - our first getaway just the two of us since having our first child 15 months ago. Our first impressions were very good. Our room was very nice, the bed was very nice, the hot tubs were wonderful. We went out for dinner, and then everything went wrong.

We came back from dinner about 10:40 pm. My card didn't work to enter the underground parking. Fortunately, it wasn't yet 11 (which is when the front desk shuts down for the night), so someone was still at the front desk to let us in. We went up to our room, and as we approached it, we started smelling gas. We entered the room and were immediately overwhelmed by the smell of gas. To me it smelled like gasoline. It stung our eyes and noses, and gave us headaches instantly. We quickly stepped out and went to the front desk. Again, thank goodness it wasn't yet 11, or we'd have been stuck (either outside, or sleeping in a gas-filled room). The desk clerk was very helpful, and immediately gave us another room.

We grabbed our stuff out of our old room as quickly as we could, opened the patio door to let it air out, and then went up to our new room. My wife called down to catch the desk clerk before she left to let her know that we left the door open in our original room, so that it wouldn't get left open all night. We also asked why it was so hot in our new room, as the thermostat (which someone had lowered to 12 celsius) said that it was 25 degrees in the room! We were assured it would cool off soon.

The new room was not nearly as nice. The alarm clock wouldn't turn on, and there was no big deep tub like the original room had. Nor was there a balcony.

Well, we slept in that room, in Canmore in December, with the window wide open all night. In the morning, it was up to 26 degrees. And all of the clothes in our suitcase smelled like gas.

We mentioned all this at the front desk the next morning (same clerk as the night before). She apologized for the inconvenience, but that's it. No discount, no nothing. It was not a pleasant stay, and they did nothing to make us ever want to come back or recommend it to anyone.

And all I can think is what would we have done if we'd gotten back from dinner after 11? I guess I'd be writing reviews of two hotels.

Room Tip: Your choice between sweltering heat or headaches from the smell of gas. There are pros and cons to each.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
7  Thank cfrydj
Waymarker, Director of Sales at Silver Creek Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2012

Thank you for writing your thoughts on Trip Advisor. We are sorry to hear that you smelled gas in your suite (our fireplaces are electrical ) and with some further investigating we found out that the Esso located just down the street were replacing their gas pumps so the whole area unfortunately was permeated with a gas smell. Unfortunately that is out of our control.
I would like to see you try staying with us again when visiting Canmore so if you would like to discuss this please do not hesitate to contact me. judy@waymarker.ca

I hope to hear from you soon and we wish you very Happy Holidays!!

Reviewed November 26, 2012

I struggle on whether or not I should give a this lodge a 3 or a 4 rating. The pricing was reasonable. We arrived in Canmore late Friday and couldn't find the Lodge, it is tucked away. We phone for directions and did not get an adequate response so we just had to figure it out on our own. Eventually, we stop at their affiliated spa and they directed us to the Lodge.

Front desk staff was professional and friendly. Restaurant was great, good service and good food. The hotel was pretty and the view from our room was beautiful. The rooms were well designed and attractive (except the shower was very small and sinks very shallow). Beds are comfortable enough. Our Satellite tv didn't work, no remote in room so I asked for one which was delivered but after following the directions a number of times it didn't work. No movies on tv had to go to front desk to rent them. We didn't bother.

The room wasn't as clean as I would have liked. It was dusty and there was dead flies behind end tables (open concept) in living room. White stuff on floor in one of the bathrooms which I think was toothpaste from a previous stay. One of the toilets handle stuck. Alarm clocks were hard to set and didn't work. Also, they were having problems with one of the elevators and they are very slow. Not much to do at the hotel.

We did try out the Rapunzels Spa, which is their 'sister' spa , It was excellent. Best massage I had in a long time! Pedicure was good too. I think this place is a must. I had Chris for my massage therapist and he was awesome.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write on Trip Advisor, we really appreciate you doing so. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! We are sorry to hear that you had a hard time finding us so I will look over our directions on our confirmation letters and see where we can improve. Thank you again and we hope to see you again soon!!

Reviewed November 12, 2012

Well if the view wasnt enough for a 5* review I can add some comments about our wonderful stay.
We were visiting friends in Alberta and they took us to this lodge for a fun night. In adorable Canmore, just outside Banff..,We were amazed at the price of this room for where it is and what it is. We had a 2 bdrm, 2 bath suite with a gigantic balcony, full kitchen and on top of all that superb quality, modern brand new decor and design.
Amazing beds and might I say again the VIEW was breath taking. This room was nicer than our home, the hotel overall was high end, 3 hot tubs outside, a spa and small fitness room.

The only downfall was the front desk is only open 7-11. So one night we couldn't get back in the hotel at all. Had to go down through underground parking. Really overall though, that was a small problem in a magical stay!!

Oh an by the way after a few days vacationing in Alberta we all went back to The Lodge for another night!!

• Stayed: November 2012
Waymarker, Director of Sales at Silver Creek Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2012

Thank you very much for staying with us and we are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay!!! We hope to see you again very soon!!!

Reviewed November 5, 2012

This was my first time visiting the Canmore area and after staying in a more homely lodging the night before the Silver Creek Lodge was a nice change. Honestly I don't think there's a room in the entire hotel that doesn't have a view of the mountains. When you enter the hotel it had a very modern, sexy feel and it was the same for the room we stayed in. We stayed in a very spacious one king bed hotel room and the view of the mountains was amazing! Everything you need and more: living room w/sink, large bedroom with walk in closet, dimming lights, electric fireplace and even an alarm clock with an iPod/iPhone dock. It felt like we got more than what we paid for in terms of value.
At night we didn't want to go out so we dined in the Wild Orchid Asian Bistro. The restaurant was good/very good not great, a little pricy if you don't want anything too expensive. But the apps were great. I would recommend looking at other restaurants if you want more bang for your buck, but if you're looking to relax and don't mind dishing out a little more money, the Wild Orchid Asian Bistro is a good choice with a great view.
In terms of amenities we didn't have a chance to use the hot tubs - there are only 3 available and usually only 4-6 people can fit comfortably and it was busy whenever we would pass by. If you don't mind the company of strangers, I'm sure this won't be a problem for you.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Silver Creek is as exactly as you describe so thank you so much for sharing this!!! We are so pleased to know you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you back very soon!!!

Reviewed October 25, 2012

Front desk service was just ok. Very clean and modern suites complete with faux fireplaces and a rainfall shower. Beautiful views of the mountains. The insuite washer and dryer was a nice surprise as well as a full kitchen. For the price it is definitely worth the stay. The spa facility in the lower level was a nice treat and the 3 outdoor hot tubs are great.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for staying with us and we are glad you found time to soak in our hot tubs......we hope to see you again very soon!!!