“fantastic”
Review of Silver Creek Lodge

Silver Creek Lodge
Ranked #12 of 28 Hotels in Canmore
Reviewed May 9, 2011

Lodgings were great, staff very friendly and helpful. Would stay there again. Enjoyed the hot tubs and amenities offered. Beds very comfortable.
Thankyou

• Stayed: April 2011

Reviewed May 4, 2011

Along with a group of about 15 ladies I stayed two nights in one of the three rooms that we rented, mine being one of the Penthouse Suites at Silver Creek Lodge. The space was gorgeous with great views and enough on-site amenities to keep everyone happy. I couldn't believe how quiet this suite was... there was absolutely no outside noise and it was very peaceful. We dined at the on site Asian restaurant which was fairly priced and the food of good quality. If I were to return to Canmore I would definitely consider checking in here!

Room Tip: All of the rooms are great!
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 3, 2011

I stayed at the Silver Creek lodge with my boyfriend over Christmas and my only complaint would be the baby screaming one night in the next room (an unfortunate side effect of hotel stays.) Besides that the bed was very comfortable so I'm still giving sleep quality a 5/5. Everything else was perfect! Beautifully furnished rooms with modern furnishing and a great mountain view. Room included a fridge, kitchenette and even a fire place. I could swear the bathroom floors were heating through the tile as well (or perhaps I was just imagining it.)

Upon arrival we realized that none of the lights were working, and called to the front desk. The man working there came up right away and would not stop until he solved the problem (a tripped breaker.) He was unbelievably courteous, nothing like I have seen before. Unfortunately I had lost a hat during our stay, and while a phone call to the hotel the next week didn't result in my hat being found, the women who took my call was equally as courteous.

I am used to dingy, dated decorating and sub-par rooms for the price I am able to pay when staying in the mountains, but I was floored with the bang you get for your buck at Silver Creek.

Room Tip: Book online
  • Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 3, 2011

Stayed in a 2 bedroom with 3 others. Thought it might be cramped but there was tons of space! Great kitchen/living area set up. Bedrooms were on either side of the kitchen=perfect! Spa was out of this world! I will be returning!!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 3, 2011

We went to Canmore for the Iron Chef/Beer Fest and stayed April 29 and 30, 2011. The hotel was recommended by the organizers of the Beer Fest. At first blush, it looks great. Nice lobby with interesting finishes (river stone, feature water wall).

When we walked into the room, we saw granite counter tops, stainless steel appliances, fireplace, walkout to a patio. All very nice. The suite had a washer/dryer as well. The bathroom had a granite counter top and an above-counter sink - not quite a bowl, but like a square, shallow bowl. And a huge tub. All good, right?

Well, not exactly. When I wanted to apply make up, I had to lean over the above-counter sink, so it added another three inches to the height of the counter. Also, they have a tall spout/faucet so I had to negotiate my way around that to be able to see in the mirror. I'm only 5'4" and leaning into the mirror and around the faucet just so I could apply make up was bothersome. And the lighting wasn't good at all for applying make up and they did not install a lighted make up mirror, which a lot of the hotels we stay in have.

It might sound inconsequential that the height of the sink is what I'm complaining about, but trust me, if you're trying to do anything that you need to see up close in a mirror, this would bother you, too.

The riverstone inlay in front of the bathroom sink was hard on my feet, so had to throw down a towel to stand on when we were at the sink.

I see one review that mentions the bathtub faucet. It was a weird set up. You turn the knobs on the side of the tub, but the water comes out from the ceiling! And the showerhead rod needs to be just a little longer so that you can adjust the head better. I like to stand a little more in the centre of the tub when I shower, and with the set up of the shower head, you have to stand very close to the wall.

The bedroom was very nice, and I found the bed and pillows comfortable. I didn't notice the iPod alarm clock until the next morning when I wanted to see what time it was. The time was way off, and I didn't have a clue how to adjust it. My husband took a look at it, and couldn't figure it out either. I stopped at the front desk and explained the situation to the clerk, and she came and had a look. She left again to try and find a manual, and a few minutes later came back with another employee and the two of them switched out alarm clocks. They were able to get the second one working properly, so that ended well.

And now to the living room. Again at first glance it is very well appointed. Contemporary leather couch and two chairs. Fireplace and large flat screen tv.

The fireplace is situated too high on the wall, and there's a mantle above that, and then the tv above that. When we were sitting on the couch or chair to watch TV, after a few minutes our necks hurt from having to look up too high to see the screen. The tv was installed about 8" too high and that's why it hurt our necks.

Also, it didn't appear that the hotel was really busy that weekend, and the room we were given was an adjoining room. I don't mind adjoining rooms if we ask for one, or if the hotel is really busy and that's the last of the rooms available, but I would have preferred a stand alone room, and also a room that was not directly across the hall from their show suite.

Just a little thoughtfulness from the front desk clerk would have helped in that situation.

One other issue I have is that there is no housekeeping service if you stay more than one night. We arrived on the Friday night, and on Saturday left the room to look around Canmore. When we came back around 4:00 pm, the bed wasn't made, etc. So I asked the front desk clerk when housekeeping would be by, and that's when we found out there isn't daily housekeeping. I find that disappointing.

Also, there are no stairs from the parkade level to the main floor. On one side is the parkade, and the other is the change rooms/hot tubs. It would be nice to have the choice to take the stairs up one flight, or the elevator, but you are forced to take the elevator. There's only one elevator, so if guests are already using it, you have to wait a while before the elevator gets to you.

The hotel looks great, but really isn't functional for us. If you try it for yourself you may find the same issues I noted above.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cherylrector
Reviewed April 11, 2011

Lodge was excellent! It was so relaxing and very peaceful. The staff were very nice and helpful and the room was unbelievable. It was snowing while we were there but that was perfect for the hot tubs and the fact that our room was so nice we didn't want to leave anyway. We will definitely be coming back every year!

• Stayed: April 2011
Waymarker, Marketing Administrator at Silver Creek Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2011

Thank you so much for your lovely comments. We are happy to be a part of your great experience and look forward to seeing you again year after year. Be sure to take advantage of some great rates in the future.

Reviewed April 6, 2011

A very clean and spacious room with a fireplace, deep bathtub for two and a view of the mountains that will make you wish you could quit your job and live in this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, we are pleased that you enjoyed your experience with us. We would be happy to make your 365 day booking when you are ready, just let us know. For shorter stays in the future we would be happy to take care of you with great rates.