“Worst place in Canmore”

Ranked #15 of 19 Specialty Lodging in Canmore
Kamloops, Canada
“Worst place in Canmore”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2014

This lodge is disgusting. I have stayed in hostels in 3rd world countries that are better than this place.
There is black mould in the bathroom, broken smoke detectors, dust everywhere. The carpets had an unknown powder all over them, the room smelled old and stale. I tried to air it out but the screens on the windows were broken, so I was unable to leave the window open when I left. There was 2 beds. The first bed had strands of long black hair (we are blonde) and possibly pubic hair. It looked like someone decided to shave on the bed. The second bed only had a couple strands of hair, but it had blood underneath the pillows.
The hotel has a hot tub, but it is not filled. The pool appeared unclean.
If you cannot find a room in Canmore, just sleep in your car. It will be cleaner. This place is definitely not worth the hassle or the price.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank backpackerkait

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Korean first
Drumheller, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2014

I stayed a couple of nights here and enjoyed my stay. There are many positives to this place, particularly the price. This is definitely a place for budget travellers, fussy people should look elsewhere. I stayed in the queen cabin and really liked the log cabin look of the room. There were plenty of tv channels but I found the WiFi pretty slow most of the time. The location was great for me, a short walk to Wendy's, Tim's and Craig's. I would really like to give this place four stars but because of a few glaring issues the best I can give is three, maybe three and a half. First, the coffee machine had not been properly cleaned in some time. There were things floating in the water reservoir and the basket was pretty grimy. I cleaned it as best I could before using it with paper towels. The other issue was the bed. While it was comfortable enough and the top mattress was ok, the bottom box spring was in deplorable condition. The seams were ripped, the springs were visible, and the stuffing was coming out. It belonged in the dump. I'm not a fussy person at all, but even a budget motel needs to have a minimum standard with regard to certain things. Would I stay here again? Maybe, but the Canmore area has some pretty good choices in this price range.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank AJB41
Beersheba, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2014

we stayed here for 3 nights. the place is very simple but we got nice room, it was clean, there is enough parking for free and you can see your car from the room's window. the location is very good , there are supermarkets and restaurants nearby. if you are traveling around Banff national park than it is a very cheap option. 3 nights cost us less that one night in banff, so it was still worth the extra 10 minutes of drive every evening/morning. the staff was nice too.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Edmonton, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2014

We stayed here about a week ago in one of the one queen cabins, it was functional but nothing luxurious about it; a good stay for the budget traveller. The staff were friendly, however upon check in there was a fairly large group of people in the lobby being loud, having what appeared to be a dinner party; it was a bit unprofessional in my opinion. Overall a decent place to stay, we would stay again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2013

I've stayed here a few times travelling solo in the wintertime. The rooms are quaint and functional and the manager and his staff have been very friendly and helpful. This place is ideal for cost conscious travellers and I'll continue to stay here when I am in the area.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2013

My partner and I stayed in a self contained unit for 7 nights recently and were very happy with our value for money. We had everything we needed for a low cost holiday in the Canmore/Banff area.

If you are looking for a comfortable, great value stay with a fantastic location then this is your place. The front desk staff were always friendly and happy to help us with any questions we had.
We loved the location- just off the exit from the Trans Canada and only a 2 minute drive into downtown Canmore.

Don't expect 4 star accommodation because what you pay for is what you get - great value for money for the more low-budget travellers.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Regina, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

PLEASE DO NOT stay here. Looks like the room is used for renting by the hour (if you know what I mean). The hair on the pillows and sheets was the first turn off. The carpet looks like it's never seen a vacuum cleaner in about 3 months. We complained and were given a key to another room and it was just as bad. These were also Jacuzzi suites. Go figure! This was the worst room on a our 5000 km road trip. Can't believe their still open for business. Luckily they gave us our money back and we stayed in Calgary at a Day's Inn which was very clean.

Room Tip: Always check trip adviser reviews before booking this hotel.