“Nice spot”

Ranked #3 of 28 Hotels in Canmore
Red Deer, Canada
“Nice spot”
Reviewed June 7, 2010

Stayed here on a golf outing at Silvertip. Clean and comfortable, very enjo0yable.

Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (204)
  • Korean first
Regina, Canada
Reviewed May 16, 2010

I stayed at the Blackstone Lodge because that's where everyone from the wedding stayed. I arrived early to the hotel, around 10:00am the day of the wedding. I was told my room wasn't ready. Understandable ... it was early. I asked when my room would be available. They said ANYTIME BETWEEN NOW AND 4:00PM!! But they took my cell phone number and would call me when my room was ready. One by one everyone else from the wedding, arrived, the wedding party, family, friends, etc were all there, all checked in, except for me. Since everyone else was busy getting ready, no one realized that I was without a room. I had to get ready at 2:00pm for the wedding in their dank gym changeroom, with water all over the floor, all over the countertops, open shower stalls, no where to put my expensive wedding clothes, and no privacy. Then I showed up to the hotel after the wedding at 3:00 and my one set of friends who had arrived late were with me. They got their room no problem, and off they went. But sorry, my room was still unavailable. Excuse me!! If someone shows up to your hotel at 10:00am, you would think someone would notify the cleaning staff that my room should be put on a priority list, since I was already there, in person! But no, and then 4:00 rolls around and still no room. Finally was 'upgraded' to a suite with a small word of apology. I have never experienced such horrible service in my life. I will never return to this hotel.

• Stayed May 2010
1 Thank Kimmie78
Winnipeg, Mb
Reviewed April 7, 2010

very modern, clean and comfortable. The wireless internet does not work, signal is too weak. If you plan on cooking your own meals, bring everything. Nothing is supplied. This was a great place, great value.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank SnowboardCrazy
Yukon, Canada
Reviewed April 4, 2010

Stayed here for one night in a hotel room on business travel. Very new clean building on far side of Canmore. Excellent underground parking was a plus, and got a GREAT rate on the room!! I have also stayed at the sister hotel last year Mystic Springs and wad equally impressed. Front desk staff were excellent! Would definately come back!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Braddock54
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Reviewed March 23, 2010

We rented a two bedroom condo at this resort for three nights. We were really happy with our decision. The condo was very nice. The kitchen was fabulous. It had granite counters and an eating bar with three stools. It was the best equipped kitchen I have had in a rental condo in a long time. I always pack extra pots and frying pans if I am driving to a condo I have rented because I always find that I can't cook proper meals with the pots they have available. There were lots of cooking utensils, a number of nice pots, two fry pans, a blender, and a kettle. There were lots of cups, plates and bowls. The garbage was taken out daily and our towels were replaced.
The condo had two full bathrooms with tub/showers that had a really nice rain shower head. There were Aveda shampoos, conditioners and soaps. There was a hair dryer.
We had three TV's and the one in the livingroom had a DVD player. The Fratello coffee for the coffeemaker was replenished each day.
We used the pool and the hot tubs a couple times each day. We were there over a weekend and yet there was always room for us. When we stayed at the Hidden Ridge resort in Banff there were so many twenty-something partiers there that we couldn't get anywhere near the hot tub after a day of skiing.
This hotel also had a small games room with a foosball table and a Wii/TV next to the fitness center. We also had free wifi in our condo.
We often stay at the Banff Springs Hotel when we ski but for less money we had a nice, new, clean, 2 bdrm/2bath condo with a balcony, a fully equipped kitchen and access to a small heated pool and two hot tubs.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank passionfortravel9
Saint-Georges
Reviewed March 16, 2010

The condo is so nice. 2 balcony, 1 on each room, what a pleasure! Rooms are on each extremity of the condo, so if you are 2 couples, it's more private. Banff is so close and skiing at Lake Louise is awesome. The pool, the jacuzzi, the BBQ, everything is perfect!
Enjoy and Relax!
From Saint-Georges, Qc, Can

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank MrPomerleau
New Prague, Minnesota
Reviewed March 12, 2010

This trip was our second time in Canmore. We were looking for a nice, family friendly place to stay that had a lot of room and full kitchen. Blackstone was the right choice for that. We considered staying at other hotels, but the pool was key. It was very nice, clean, and good water temperature. The hot tubs were great. Although there were a lot of children it never was too loud or crowded. The room configuration was excellent. The kids bedroom was on the opposite end of the room and they had there own bathroom. Quality of furnishings and linens were nice. The bed was very comfortable. Washer and dryer was essential for that type of trip. Close enough to town as long as weather was nice. Hotel located about six blocks from town. It was in an area with many other similar condo-style accomodations. The front of hotel faces Three Sisters Mountain which offered beautiful views. Would definitely recommend to friends and family, and stay there again if in Canmore. GREAT value!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank Tree_and_Me
Bellstar, Manager at Blackstone Mountain Lodge by CLIQUE, responded to this review, March 14, 2010
Thank you kindly for taking the time to write your review about our property. We sincerely appreciate it!

If you enjoyed your stay you may be interested in knowing about our 15% Off for Repeat Guests discount. You can mention this over the phone or in the comments section of your online booking (through our website).

Thank you once again. We hope we have the chance to welcome you back to Blackstone Mountain Lodge in the future.

Kind regards,