“Nothing to spectacular”

Blackstone Mountain Lodge by CLIQUE
Ranked #3 of 28 Hotels in Canmore
Reviewed January 8, 2014

The hotel was average for the price. The suite wasn't as grande as pictured on there website and the shower was awful. The staff was friendly and helpful, however, I won't stay here again next time i'm in canmore.

2  Thank Rob W
Andrew S, General Manager at Blackstone Mountain Lodge by CLIQUE, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2014

Rob W, I can see that this is your first post on tripadvisor and thank you for commenting that our staff were friendly and Helpful. With regards to your suite not looking like the picture on the website, we have many different suites available, many with premium mountain views or larger living spaces, and various configurations. All of the pictures that we publish are taken from our property. With regards to the shower, please give me a phone call so that I can investigate this further. It saddens me that you will not be staying with us again, but if you do reconsider please contact me directly so that I can arrange your stay personally. Thank you, Andrew S.

There are newer reviews for Blackstone Mountain Lodge by CLIQUE

Reviewed January 3, 2014

We stayed three nights for New Years Eve and we had a fantastic time in this lodge. Spacious room, well equipped kitchen, washer and dryer in the room; staff was very helpful and friendly even in the busiest season (the lodge was full).

Only minor issue, our room was done at 4:30pm the first day and 6pm the second day (we turned this one down as we were having dinner). A bit off time to do housekeeping, but I understand, as I said, the lodge was full.

Will definitely come back when we need to stay in the mountains.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Tri_YYC
Andrew S, General Manager at Blackstone Mountain Lodge by CLIQUE, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

Tri_YYC, Happy New Year and thank you for staying with us during this very festive time. I am Glad to see that you "had a fantastic time" in our lodge. I thank you for your understanding and empathy into the issue of Housekeeping running slightly behind when the resort is Full, and would like to say it is usually not like us during normal times. It is refreshing when guests are as considerate as you have been in this situation. We really do value your business and hope that you return soon to our lodge so that you can visit Canmore once again. On your next visit please contact me directly so that I can arrange your room for you as a preferred Guest. Thank you, Andrew S.

Reviewed December 29, 2013

This hotel has a great, quiet location, very close to downtown, but away from all the busy spots. Beautiful mountain views. We were facing away from the highway and I am sure that helps with any noise. The heated garage is a nice bonus. Everything was clean and well organized in the rooms. I have to say that the housekeeping staff was excellent, always got to the room very quickly if we ever needed anything. Big props to them for all the positive attitude, even though they were working right through the Christmas days.
We had a 2 bedroom suite with a full kitchen, which saves you some money if you are willing to do some cooking. As someone pointed out already, the shower water pressure is quite low, so you cannot rush that process. But if you are on a vacation, you should not be rushing anyway. A great place in Canmore and we will be back.

Room Tip: Face away from the highway if you can, you will also have a fabulous view of the mountains.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Lucie V
Andrew S, General Manager at Blackstone Mountain Lodge by CLIQUE, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2013

Lucie V. The housekeeping staff are elated that you singled them out in a review to let everyone know that their hard work does not go unnoticed. With Christmas an extremely busy time in Canmore, I can tell that you are a very intelligent and insightful person by your understanding that comments like these are very well received at the Blackstone Mountain Lodge, especially during this time period. Please let us know when you will be returning as you would qualify for a preferred guest rate, which could include an upgrade to a Premium Mountain View if available. Thank you again, and Best of the Season to you. Andrew S.

Reviewed December 29, 2013

I love the Blackstone!

Over the years I've stayed here numerous times (over 4 times), and always have had a great experience.

The rooms are always clean (I'm surprised how well they clean the larger suites, with the total area I'm sure it's quite the task), the staff is great, and it's just an overall pleasant experience.

The suite's are a steal of a deal especially considering the price difference from a standard room to a suite. Last weekend I booked a 3 bedroom suite for 5 people and it was great. Super cozy and plenty of room to relax, even enough room to entertain 5-10 people comfortably. Second last time stayed in a 2 bed room suite which was absolutely massive!

It's always nice when a staff member recognizes you after a year since your last visit.

Thanks for taking care of us!

And PS. I'm not sure if this is listed, but if it helps anyone the clearance on the parkade is 6'5. Two hot tubs, and a pool!

Room Tip: Spend a couple extra bucks and get a suite... It's worth it!
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Stephen W, Thank you for your Patronage at the Blackstone Mountain Lodge, as it is very much appreciated. As you are a preferred returning customer your are able to take advantage of a Great rate every time you stay. We really do value Guests such as yourself who take the time to list the great things that we have to offer in the lodge, especially the large rooms and Great outdoor pool and hot tubs. Hope to see you again soon, and thank you very much for the review. Andrew S.

Reviewed December 17, 2013

Blackstone Mountain Lodge is awesome. From the time I checked in, to my check out, all the staff were friendly, courteous, professional, and efficient. They truly understand what guest satisfaction is all about.

The room is spacious, well appointed, and clean upon my arrival, and during my stay. What are important about any hotel accommodation are the cleanliness of the accommodation, and the quality/comfort of the bed. If there is something defective in the room, engineering resolves the issue immediately. Blackstone is outstanding. This is a clear reflection of the new hotel management company for Blackstone that became effective on 1 April 2013. Congratulations to all the Blackstone personnel for an excellent job.

Blackstone is more like an apartment hotel with a full kitchen, at least my room was. It is considered a one bedroom suite with all the amenities of an apartment, from a fully equipped kitchen, to a washer and dryer. This is a benefit for those who prefer dining in. There is not an onsite dining room. But downtown Canmore is so close, and within walking distance, who really cares. There are so many eateries in Canmore. But on the other hand, it’s so wonderful to just eat in and save lots of money. My only complaint about this property is the water pressure leaves something to be desired. Plan on an extra ten (10) minutes in the shower. It takes so long to rinse one’s hair and body. Blackstone’s rates include heated underground parking with a car wash bay, as well as ethernet and wifi. And for those who enjoy hot tubs and outdoor swimming pools, Blackstone has both that are opened year round. For my part, I have never used either since I only enjoy the ocean.

I can only recommend this property to anyone who will be visiting the Bow Valley - Banff, Canmore, and Lake Louise. I have to rate this property as a 9.9 recurring on a scale of 10. Rest assured you definitely will be pleased and not disappointed.

Room Tip: One bedroom suite is ideal for a single traveller.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Andrew S, General Manager at Blackstone Mountain Lodge by CLIQUE, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2013

Fozlguacu, Thank you very much for your most flattering review and for highlighting many of our properties great points that we have to offer for our guests. You are correct that Blackstone is indeed under New Management and we have implemented many changes that all of our valued guests are raving about during their visits. I will post your review for all of our staff to view as well, as reviews such as this are extremely important for all of us to see. Please let us know when you will be returning to the area as we will be happy to welcome you back to our Lodge. Thank you, Andrew S.

Reviewed December 8, 2013

Blackstone is a perfect property for our travel style. Televisions in each room, Wifi, soft fluffy cotton bath linens, comfortable beds, fully equipped kitchen and oh the view! You could almost touch the Rocky Mountains out your private deck. Love it. The back fireplace lobby and pool, hot tub, BBQ areas are fantastic, surrounded by beautiful stone walls totally in keeping with the mountain cabin feel. We were impressed to find that each and every staff person passed in the hallway or met at the front desk immediately acknowledged us in a friendly manner. The only suggestion for change I would make is to remove that funky life size stuffed bear and the miniature mock-up of the Blackstone property in the main entrance as they don't at all convey the warm, mountain cabin welcome upon first entry to this otherwise lovely property.

Room Tip: Bring or stop at the local grocery and purchase your own breakfast food so you can sleep in and enjo...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Andrew S, General Manager at Blackstone Mountain Lodge by CLIQUE, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2013

Dear Sim1957, What a pleasure it is to see a comment such as yours complimenting the Lodge on many different levels. I will post this for all of the staff to see so that they can realize how far a "good morning" goes to our customers. Thank you for your wonderful and descriptive comments of the amenities that we provide and we have already removed the architectural model from the lobby to make way for our Holiday Decorations, but Berrick the Funky Bear has to stay. I would have too many angry children (and some adults) that would miss our dear mascot for their next photo opportunity. Please let us know when you next visit to our lodge will be as we love to impress our preferred, returning guests. Thank you, Andrew S.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

Get away from the big brand names and reap the rewards here!
Wow! These accommodations are obviously designed for the ski crowd but the regular traveller won't be disappointed. Blackstone and "sister" hotel Falcon Crest, (we also looked at Falcon's rooms) are excellent choices even if you are just passing through. Helpful staff, especially Chris at Falcon Crest. Very large and very clean suites give some of the best value I have seen in a long while, especially in high priced Alberta. We have paid over four times more at other big name, 4 star hotels to get essentially what we had here!
Our mountains view 1 bedroom suite/apartment was very large with a full size, well equipped, modern kitchen with 4 stainless steel appliances, a real coffee maker, granite counter-tops and tile back-splash. Laundry machines are tucked in next to foyer. Living room has a fireplace and a pull-out sofa. There is a dining room area, a large deck and a private office nook. Secure underground parking and wi-fi included! Movies to lend. Great pub/restaurant next door. We will stay again.

Room Tip: Upper floor rooms are a longer walk, of course, but well worth it.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Andrew S, General Manager at Blackstone Mountain Lodge by CLIQUE, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

TucsonGrant, Thank you for your very detailed review and for letting us know that one of our sister properties staff members did such an excellent job. I will be sure to contact the manager of that resort to pass on the praise. We do have a lot of extra amenities designed for the ski crowd but we do cater to all in all four seasons. I hope your drive home was safe and that your drive back to the mountains will be soon. Stay with us again to qualify for a preferred rate and let your mountain experience start again. Thank you, Andrew S.