Stayed with a group of friends over the July long weekend. Room was big enough and certainly looked nice, but found things to be lacking. One of the towels had spots on it, and when we called the front desk at 10am we were told that no towels would be available until 5:30 that afternoon. Some other cleanliness issues in the room.
Some of the furniture was not in the correct spot (lamp in front of a picture on the wall) and Sheets for the pull out bed were not where they were supposed to be. Front Desk and bell staff were very rude about having to bring us sheets (yes it was 12:00, but you are on the night shift at a hotel & our room didn't have what it needed to begin with). Front Desk staff in the evening was very rude.
At 11:00am on the first morning we received a note indicating they wouldn't be making up our room for the day, as we were still in it (despite the fact that we were gone 30 minutes later).
The Location was great, but it's really the little things that make a difference. Blackstone looks nice on the surface, but there are some serious issues that need to be addressed before I'd consider staying again.
Note: During our stay a boil water order was in effect for Canmore due to the recent floods. We called the hotel to inquire about any issues before we arrived and were told it was business as usual. We were advised to bring our own water, and to not wash dishes in the dishwasher. At no point were we advised that the boil water or flood issues would have any additional impact on our stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just 20 minutes from Banff National Park in Canmore, Alberta, Blackstone Mountain Lodge adds a dash of urban polish to the untamed spirit of the Canadian Rockies. Behind our grand carriage house entrance an abundance of contemporary surprises awaits. Choose from a beautifully appointed hotel room with two queen beds or choose from luxuriously appointed one, two and three-bedroom suites. A luxuriously appointed 4 bedroom, 4 bathroom penthouse suite is also available, perfect for hosting small receptions or for discerning guests looking for some extra space. All suites feature gourmet kitchens, in suite laundry, flat screen televisions and slate fireplaces with daily housekeeping service. The Blackstone Mountain lodge features a year round outdoor heated pool with two outdoor hot tubs, state-of-the-art fitness center, heated underground parking, meeting and banquet space along with complimentary Wi-Fi throughout the resort. Delight in the unsurpassed comfort and sophistication of Canmore’s finest condo style hotel – an elegant getaway equally suited for family vacations, romantic escapes and group retreats. Find inspiration from your suite’s mountain views. Revel in all of the high-touch amenities you’d expect from a luxury resort. Cozy social areas throughout the lodge create the perfect setting for guests to savor every moment of their alpine-inspired retreat. Tucked into the mountains, our sun-drenched courtyard features hot tubs and BBQ pits with stunning views of the surrounding Rockies. A day at the lodge might consist of nothing more than a morning dip in the pool, a pampering massage in one of our private spa rooms and a stroll into Canmore to explore the charming restaurants, bistros, boutiques and microbreweries of Main Street. If you’re feeling more adventurous, the gates of Banff National Park - and world-class skiing, golf, hiking, biking and sightseeing - are just minutes away. For anything you might like to see or experience – from fly fishing lessons or a round of golf to a family dogsled adventure or whitewater rafting trip on the Kananaskis River – our helpful team of guest service agents are available 24 hours a day to help plan your next unforgettable rocky mountain adventure. For an unparalleled Rocky Mountain vacation, we welcome you to discover the award-winning Blackstone Mountain Lodge for yourself. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TravelClick, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Blackstone Mountain Lodge by CLIQUE reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blackstone Mountain Hotel Canmore
- Blackstone Mountain Resort
- Blackstone Mountain Lodge By CLIQUE Canmore, Alberta