Myself and my husband and two young boys had the pleasure to stay in suite 314 for a couple days this January. We are avid ski and snowboarders so we do get to try many accomodations in both regions of Banff and Jasper. The stay we had at Blackstone was above and beyond what we expected. Underground heated parking is a huge bonus when carrying luggage and the many items a family requires. The suite had all the ammeneties of home. Should you choose to make a large meal or snack you were able to do so. The 2 bedrooms offer 1-Queen and 1-King bed. Very comfortable. Not what you get with most hotels. The accomodations were very clean and staff were helpful and polite. Our suite 314 over looked the pool with a small deck and a great mountain view. The spaciouse suite with two washrooms was a hit for myself but the heated outdoor pool was the boys. I was sceptical of an outdoor pool in the winter but the temperature was kept warmer then the indoor pools we are accustomed to at other hotels. Robes and towels were made available in our unit which made it confortable to go swimming. The hot tub was just that "nice and hot" great alternative for myself who was not interested in swimming. There was a game room with wii and foosball I believe but we never did play but the option was there if you wanted to. Our suite also had a washer and dryer if you needed to do any of your laundry. I myself am very fond of Canmore as it's quaint with all the shops of the larger town of Banff and the mountain view is spectacular. We spent the day at Lake Louise which was no more then 50mts drive and back for a comfortable soak in the hot tub and movie on the large tv at the end of the day. We had such a great trip that we booked again with in two hours of returning home. Our boys are very excited and look forward to hitting the slopes and the Blackstone Mountain Lodge in a few more weeks.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just 20 minutes from Banff National Park in Canmore, Alberta, Blackstone Mountain Lodge adds a dash of urban polish to the untamed spirit of the Canadian Rockies. Behind our grand carriage house entrance an abundance of contemporary surprises awaits. Choose from a beautifully appointed hotel room with two queen beds or choose from luxuriously appointed one, two and three-bedroom suites. A luxuriously appointed 4 bedroom, 4 bathroom penthouse suite is also available, perfect for hosting small receptions or for discerning guests looking for some extra space. All suites feature gourmet kitchens, in suite laundry, flat screen televisions and slate fireplaces with daily housekeeping service. The Blackstone Mountain lodge features a year round outdoor heated pool with two outdoor hot tubs, state-of-the-art fitness center, heated underground parking, meeting and banquet space along with complimentary Wi-Fi throughout the resort. Delight in the unsurpassed comfort and sophistication of Canmore’s finest condo style hotel – an elegant getaway equally suited for family vacations, romantic escapes and group retreats. Find inspiration from your suite’s mountain views. Revel in all of the high-touch amenities you’d expect from a luxury resort. Cozy social areas throughout the lodge create the perfect setting for guests to savor every moment of their alpine-inspired retreat. Tucked into the mountains, our sun-drenched courtyard features hot tubs and BBQ pits with stunning views of the surrounding Rockies. A day at the lodge might consist of nothing more than a morning dip in the pool, a pampering massage in one of our private spa rooms and a stroll into Canmore to explore the charming restaurants, bistros, boutiques and microbreweries of Main Street. If you’re feeling more adventurous, the gates of Banff National Park - and world-class skiing, golf, hiking, biking and sightseeing - are just minutes away. For anything you might like to see or experience – from fly fishing lessons or a round of golf to a family dogsled adventure or whitewater rafting trip on the Kananaskis River – our helpful team of guest service agents are available 24 hours a day to help plan your next unforgettable rocky mountain adventure. For an unparalleled Rocky Mountain vacation, we welcome you to discover the award-winning Blackstone Mountain Lodge for yourself. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Odigeo, Travelocity and Agoda so you can book your Blackstone Mountain Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blackstone Mountain Hotel Canmore
- Blackstone Mountain Resort
- Blackstone Mountain Lodge Canmore, Alberta