Open today: 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Review Highlights
Bucket List Experience

This was truly a perfect bucket list experience!! Our highlight of 2020 thus far - sledding was... read more

Reviewed yesterday
esiptat
Incredible Experience!

One of the best parts of our trip to Banff! The entire team from the booking process to the owner... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago
FoushTravels

Recommended experiences in and around Canmore
from $64.09
from $31.66
from $106.98
from $28.49
More Info
All reviews hot cider hour tour express tour frozen lake apple cider professional photos brownie amazing experience once in a lifetime bucket list sled ride snow pants spray lakes second half longer tour halfway point winter wonderland
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We did a lot of research prior to booking a dog sledding tour and are so happy that we went with Snowy Owl. It is safe to say these guys are in the industry for nothing less than all the right reasons - and then some. The love, respect, and adoration that these guys have for their dogs is so obvious. The dogs LOVE what they do and it is abundantly clear that they are treated to the utmost standards. We went with Jeremy and it's awesome to hear about the history of the company and all too! We have had the most magical experience guys - thank you! We can't wait to come back and will be recommending you guys to everyone in the meantime.

Date of experience: January 2020
snowyowlsleddogtours, Front Office Manager at Snowy Owl Sled Dog Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Wow, thank you so much for your review. We are always so grateful and appreciative when our guests recognize the respect, love and care we have for our pack. We can't wait to see you guys out on the trails again!

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

This is my second trip with Snowy Owl. I would not choose any other dog sledding excursion. Their staff is first rate, from the explanation of how to drive to your time on the trail. The trail is scenic and just plain out fun! There are twists and bumps making the ride so much fun. Once you end up on the lake the views are spectacular all around.
Love the dogs! They eat up your affection and will thank you with a big sloppy dog kiss, if you get close enough. After all the experience, for me at least, is about the dogs and what they do. Their enthusiasm for pulling and running is obvious. They are some of the happiest, best cared for dogs I have ever seen.
As I said earlier I would not choose another company to tour with. Snowy Owl is simply the best.

Date of experience: January 2020
snowyowlsleddogtours, Manager at Snowy Owl Sled Dog Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Wow! So glad to have you come back with us for a second trip! We hope to see you for your third trip, perhaps on a longer tour!

Reviewed January 14, 2020

This was one incredible experience. The care that Snowy Owl show to their incredible team of dogs made me feel better about them hauling me along the majestically snow clad trails. These dogs are so keen to get out and run and are wrapped up in love from the staff - who are very knowledgeable of all of the individual characteristics of each gorgeous animal - they are amazing! Made all the better by a fresh dump of snow the landscape provided, the frozen lake experience was magical, and prepare to invest in the professional photos that truly are worth the money to capture your journey. It is a well organised turn around of groups but understandably to ensure the dogs are looked after. Highly recommend. And yes - the hot cider was delicious. One thing to note:
Wrap up warm - especially footwear. Rugs are provided but it is understandably cool and unless you are steering.. you're not creating any body heat for yourself..

Date of experience: December 2019

Thank you for the kind words and for sharing your experience! We cannot agree with you more regarding proper attire!

Reviewed January 12, 2020 via mobile

I did the 2hour dog sledding with snowy owl January 2020. I'm on a gap year alone so I did the trip solo- the staff were all very welcoming.

The dogs were great, you can tell they really love their job. I made friends with Megadeth on my sled, he has such a beautiful nature! And I got some lovely pictures with him.

Scenery is beautiful, and the hot apple cider we drank after the sledding went down a treat to warm us up!

Since I went by myself it was a little expensive, but I would definitely recommend it. Overall amazing experience. Thank you snowy owl!

Date of experience: January 2020
snowyowlsleddogtours, Front Office Manager at Snowy Owl Sled Dog Tours, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2020

Thank you for your kind review! We are so glad you enjoyed your tour with us!

Reviewed January 12, 2020

Snowy Owl was helpful in making a reservation that worked for us which maximized our enjoyment and dreams. Friendly staff from the office (which is in Canmore) through the van ride to the park. The staff in the park were instructional, funny and so very cool. Will was our lead guide and set a fun, relaxing and exhilarating pace. The company is dog centered, clearly taking good care of the dogs, who seemed to love to run. The hour ride was on a groomed trail, through woods, along a canal and over a frozen lake. The surrounding mountains were stunning. The ride to and from town also gave us a chance to experience the Rockies. Once again, best experience of our vacation in Banff.

Date of experience: January 2020

Thank you so much for your review!