“No word can describe!! 😀”

Snowy Owl Sled Dog Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Snowy Owl Sled Dog Tours, the famous forerunners in sled dog touring and racing in the Bow Valley, created the first dog sledding tours over a quarter of a century ago. With over 30 years of experience and expertise in touring, racing and conservation; we are extremely proud of our Canadian and Albertan roots and look forward to sharing our exceptional experiences with you!Our mission is to educate, entertain and provide our guests with a “once in a lifetime experience!” We employ the most qualified instructors, the friendliest and most beautiful, authentic touring huskies who all receive the best possible dog care. We provide guests with the safest tour offerings, all while ensuring the utmost comfort and superior attention to customer service and detail. Snowy Owl Sled Dog Tours excels in its commitment to offer the most genuine dog sledding experience in the Canadian Rockies
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Thank you to Jeremy, Danielle and our tour guide Mike and especially our canine guides for the utmost incredible trip! There are no words to describe this marvelous experience! 2 hours of heaven!!

1  Thank bettskona

Reviewed April 7, 2013

What an awesome way to spend part of our day....dog sledding with man's best friend!
I have had the opportunity to do their kennel tour in the summer and now dog sledding in the winter, I would do both again in a heartbeat. I would recommend spending the extra and take advantage of driving your own team....not as intimidating as one may think. The guides give great instructions and are there to help along the way. Snowy Owl is a fantastic company and takes such amazing care of the dogs. You can tell the staff love what they do and they take great care of their customers as well as their furkids.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

What a great two hours, we did it poor dogs they didn't even say "ohh your too fat".
The organisation was great right down to fetching up the dog poo after wards.
Lots of fun and the dogs where beautiful, well cared for and wanting to please, both the operators and the guests.
I'd do it again, it's now my number three of stuff I've done, I) Sydney Harbour Bridge climb 2) Swim witht he dolphins in Rockingham Western Australia. Snowy Owl has bumped the Hot Air balloon over the Valley of the Kings to fourth Place.
I'll recommend Snowy Owl without reservation.

1  Thank christine s
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Thank you so much for an amazing time. If you want to see some of the natural beauty of the Rockies this trip can't be beaten, going across an iced over lake driving a sled of huskies was a lifetime highlight. You do need to be able to get in and out of the sled which is low to the floor, the guides help you do this but I would be careful if you think you'd find this difficult, I'm sure snowy owl would help advise. I felt we had to be quite fit to keep up especially helping when going up hill, however the dogs will cope with you helping not too much so if your are less fit I think you could still manage very well perhaps go for driving on leg two of the trip that was flatter for us.

Amazing trip, can't thank you enough. Bill told us its his last season, good luck with the future and thanks again!

Reviewed April 2, 2013

Our family was in Banff to ski and I added this activity last minute. I am so glad I did! Our family arrived at the trail not sure what to expect. Clear, enthusiastic directions were given to the group gathered. Everyone working here has a smile on their face. Part of our family had a sled with an instructor, Whitney, and the others had a sled on their own. Both groups had a great time. I was amazed as my nine year old immediately drove our sled tandem with the instructor. She was grinning the whole time! We all took turns driving. The views, the drive across the pond and those dogs running - what an afternoon! Whitney was a terrific guide. She explained so much about the dogs and the area. Watching all of these huskies pull your sled is so cool. None of us will ever forget that afternoon. If you are thinking about this, do it!

1  Thank wje8