“Such a fun and amazing experience!”

Snowy Owl Sled Dog Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Snowy Owl Sled Dog Tours, the famous forerunners in sled dog touring and racing in the Bow Valley, created the first dog sledding tours over a quarter of a century ago. With over 30 years of experience and expertise in touring, racing and conservation; we are extremely proud of our Canadian and Albertan roots and look forward to sharing our exceptional experiences with you!Our mission is to educate, entertain and provide our guests with a “once in a lifetime experience!” We employ the most qualified instructors, the friendliest and most beautiful, authentic touring huskies who all receive the best possible dog care. We provide guests with the safest tour offerings, all while ensuring the utmost comfort and superior attention to customer service and detail. Snowy Owl Sled Dog Tours excels in its commitment to offer the most genuine dog sledding experience in the Canadian Rockies
Reviewed January 16, 2013

I went dogsledding with Snowy Owl for my first ever dog sledding experience in December. What an awesome time!! I went with 5 friends and we all had such a fun time. The tour group picked us up from our hotel and drove us out to Canmore where we were given the rundown on commands for the dogs, how and where to stand (if you wanted to try driving the sled), etc. After the talk we were able to walk around and meet all the dogs (so beautiful!). They ask if you would like to try driving the sled-if you are with a group of three people one can drive one way, then the others can drive tandem so you all have the chance. I highly recommend giving the driving a try! So much fun! The dogs pulling our sled were very fast and well behaved. The whole trip lasted about an hour- a few hills, and you went over a lake. Halfway you get to change drivers- if you aren't driving you are sitting in the sled covered with a blanket- however dress appropriately! I had many layers on and good thick boots, but my feet were still cold! Wear extra thick socks and really good gloves, as your hands tend to get quite cold as well if you are driving the sled. After the ride you are given some hot chocolate in front of a fire to warm up. Overall this was a great experience and I think everyone should give it a try at some point in their life! This tour was amazing! The only downside was the booking process- my friends and I were calling from Australia and it took a very long time to get things organized on the phone- but other than that hiccup, the experience was well worth it.

All reviews
"highlight of our trip"
in 14 reviews
"fun experience"

Reviewed January 13, 2013

We have wanted to do this for a long time so hoped the tour would meet our high expectations. Everything exceeded our expectations. We had so much fun. The dogs are absolutely beautiful, friendly and well managed by the guides. We felt completely supported in driving the sled which was the highlight of the experience. Thank you so much snowy owl, Whitney and Chris for a fantastic day. We will be back again!

1  Thank Blvanden
Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

Definitely a company I would recommend. Great instructions and support from the guides. The dogs are fabulous and well loved. Beautiful trails and the scenery was spectacular. An awesome day. We are doing the half day next time.

1  Thank Kathy L
Reviewed January 12, 2013

We booked this fantastic experience through our hotel the fairmont springs. My husband and I booked the two hour experience with our three year old. It's was fantastic! We learnt the basics and followed the instructor rather than have her with us, she was great and we felt very looked after, fun friendly staff. They were great with my daughter who was just happy hugging huskies then fell asleep in the sled! Mind blowing experience will come again when we are next in Canada.

See more reviews
Reviewed January 11, 2013

We were told to do a range of activities in Canada however, we MUST do a dog sledding tour. Wow, what an experience. We were picked up by the tour operator from our Banff hotel and driven for about 30 mins to Canmore where we were fitted with cold weather gear and off we went to the sledding area. There we were greeted by Jeremy, the owners son and he gave a brilliant overview of what to expect, what to do and how to behave. If this guy ever gave this business up, he could become a public speaker or maybe, just maybe a comedian. He was brilliant and we really enjoyed his 15 minute chat. We were assigned to a sled and told we could pat our dogs. They were so nice, friendly and as we would find out, keen to run. Tim (an Aussie from Victoria) was our driver and he was tremendous. Only in the job a few weeks, he showed great skill and we enjoyed having him with us. Would I recommend Snowy Owl...definitely!!!!! They were great and it was an experience of a lifetime.. A MUST DO.

1  Thank Michaelmo2012