“Awesome day for dog lovers”

Snowy Owl Sled Dog Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Snowy Owl Sled Dog Tours, the famous forerunners in sled dog touring and racing in the Bow Valley, created the first dog sledding tours over a quarter of a century ago. With over 30 years of experience and expertise in touring, racing and conservation; we are extremely proud of our Canadian and Albertan roots and look forward to sharing our exceptional experiences with you!Our mission is to educate, entertain and provide our guests with a “once in a lifetime experience!” We employ the most qualified instructors, the friendliest and most beautiful, authentic touring huskies who all receive the best possible dog care. We provide guests with the safest tour offerings, all while ensuring the utmost comfort and superior attention to customer service and detail. Snowy Owl Sled Dog Tours excels in its commitment to offer the most genuine dog sledding experience in the Canadian Rockies
Reviewed September 13, 2011

My girlfriend and I took the kennel tour with Snowy Owl in August. We were the only ones that morning and our guide Steve did a really great job in explaining everything and introducing us to the dogs!

Steve really knows the dogs! On that morning we learned so much about the different breeds, their characteristics and what it takes to be a good sled dog. During the kennel tour Steve introduced us to many different dogs - he knows all of the 150+ names! Amazing.

The huskies are totally amazing and cute. They are interested in you, will be all around you all the time and immediately make contact with you. It was amazing to stand there and have two, three, sometimes four dogs around you all the time. We took some great pictures! And you can really tell that the guys at Snowy Owl love these dogs and take absolutely good care of them!

At the end of the tour, Steve introduced us to Shaman, their husky-wolf hybrid. What an amazing animal. The wolf even allowed us to pat and stroke him - which we did (of course) with a lot of respect! This is truly an experience that will send shivers down your spine (in a very positive way)!

And to put the icing on the cake, Steve then introduced us to the new born husky puppies which just had opened their eyes. How cute!

Yes – you will be covered all over with dog hair afterwards… but you’ll feel so good and totally uplifted after meeting all these amazing dogs! For us, this was a once in a lifetime experience and a real highlight of our three week roundtrip in Alberta and B.C.!!!

Reviewed September 12, 2011

Was visiting a friend in Alberta and had always wanted to try dog sledding. Highly reccommend this place! Very friendly and the dogs seemed to be well taken care of. You must make RSVP for this trip in advance. It is a little costly but well worth it! I loved it and would go again in a heart beat! Read all the warnings BEFORE going and dress correctly! They do offer boot and glove rental for extra cost.. I rented the boots and was glad I did, very toasty.

For those of you looking for more adventure, they offer overnight sledding and camping... sounds like a great time if you can be in the cold for that time frame. =)

Reviewed August 24, 2011

I booked with Snowy Owl as a surprise for my partner's birthday, and it did not disappoint! We took a kennel tour first, and I would definitely agree with previous reviewers that casual clothing that you don't mind getting mucky is a must! The dogs are fantastic, they're really enthusiastic to meet you (you'll get jumped on, licked and cuddled) and are soft as anything - we got some great pics! The staff are great, really keen to pass on their knowledge and enthusiasm for the huskies which, by the way, are clearly well cared for and loved. After the kennel tour we went on a walk with Steve and their husky-wolf hybrid Shaman. This was an amazing experience, once in a lifetime, and I would thoroughly recommend it. Thanks to all at Snowy Owl for a brilliant time!

1  Thank jaynie111
Reviewed August 6, 2011

When my husband and I toured the kennel in July, 2011, Steve, our guide, could not have been better! He absolutely loves the huskies, knows each of the more than 150 dogs by name, and conveys an amazing amount of solid information about the individual dogs and the several breeds of huskies with tremendous enthusiasm. Would that we could return in winter when you can ride in a sled or even learn to drive one!

1  Thank TurtleP
Reviewed July 30, 2011

My sister and I had a fantastic time. The whole experience was awesome. My only regret was not booking one of the longer packages. Next time, I will book a full day tour.

1  Thank aggiemary04