“Great day for dog lovers!”

Snowy Owl Sled Dog Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Snowy Owl Sled Dog Tours, the famous forerunners in sled dog touring and racing in the Bow Valley, created the first dog sledding tours over a quarter of a century ago. With over 30 years of experience and expertise in touring, racing and conservation; we are extremely proud of our Canadian and Albertan roots and look forward to sharing our exceptional experiences with you!Our mission is to educate, entertain and provide our guests with a “once in a lifetime experience!” We employ the most qualified instructors, the friendliest and most beautiful, authentic touring huskies who all receive the best possible dog care. We provide guests with the safest tour offerings, all while ensuring the utmost comfort and superior attention to customer service and detail. Snowy Owl Sled Dog Tours excels in its commitment to offer the most genuine dog sledding experience in the Canadian Rockies
Manchester
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 113 helpful votes
“Great day for dog lovers!”
Reviewed June 29, 2011

We went on a summer kennel tour whilst staying in nearby Banff and had one of the best days of our honeymoon.

We love dogs and these ones were particularly loveable. We interacted with and stroked over 100 of the soft affectionate huskies and enjoyed the highlight of meeting the extremely cute 9-wk old husky puppies.

We'd love to come back in winter and try the snow sledding but even in summer this place has a lot to offer if you are a fan of huskies. I think they also run the dogs with some wheeled sleds over the summer period.

If you like soft dogs, this is a must see if you are near Banff or Canmore!

Visited June 2011
1 Thank Timbo_82

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Auckland Region, New Zealand
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Best day of our Vacation!!”
Reviewed May 1, 2011

We read all the reviews on the different dog sledding tours available in Banff and decided on this one as it appeared that you got to interact with the dogs more. It was the highlight of our four weeks away. The dogs were so friendly and the staff wanted to make our day special. The staff went the extra mile with service and we ended up having so much fun. Will definitely be back to do it all again and maybe do the overnight trip next time.

3 Thank blondeslapper
Cairns, Australia
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“FANTASTIC FUN!!!!!”
Reviewed April 30, 2011

My sister and I had so much fun dogsledding! We were picked up at the snowy Owl office in Canmore and transported up to Spray Lakes were our tour started from. Our lead instructor Bill was fantastic! He taught us how to drive our own sled!!! Which for Aussie girls it was the high light of our trip to Canada!!! We are so glad that we paid that little bit extra to drive our own sled with just the two of us!!! All the huskies looked happy and wanted to run, they are so cute and wanted pats and cuddles!!! When doing this tour remember warm clothes and waterproof boots oh and your camera!!!! We would highly recommend Snowy Owl and hope to come back next time we visit! Thanks guys for an Amazing day!!!

3 Thank twistie666
Canmore, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“What a blast!”
Reviewed April 13, 2011

My eight year old son and I had a fantastic time dog sledding! We have adopted retired sled dogs from Snowy Owl, and my son has had fun with them pulling him around our streets. This however was the first time that he has had the chance to drive a team of dogs in the mountains (with his Mom's help). When I asked my son what his favourite part of the tour was he took a minute to think, and then said "I liked everything". I think that pretty much sums it up for me too:). Great dogs, great people, and great scenery. We will be back next year, but I think we will need to do the 1/2 day tour next time. The Powder Hound Tour was great but more time with the dogs, and on the trail would be even better. Thank you to everyone at Snowy Owl for a great day!

4 Thank cdnmtngirl
Guildford, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Brilliant fun to drive your own sled”
Reviewed April 11, 2011

Had so much fun dog sledding. Snowy Owl were well organised and dogs seemed happy and well cared for. We took turns to drive the sled and I had a 'wipe out' but that was part of the fun. I recommend driving with a guide rather than just sitting in the sled. Dogs were friendly and full of character - Hurricane is so lovely! Our guide Tyler knew his stuff and was interesting chatting with him during our 4 hour trip. Many thanks to him for making it a great day and making sure the dogs didn't run off with me in tow when my hubbie fell off the back of the sled!

Visited March 2011