“Too much cinnamon on the french toast”
Review of Smitty's

Smitty's
Ranked #20 of 45 Restaurants in Hinton
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Smitty's invites you to their dining room. You can get there by public transit. They are found in a surrounding packed with coffee shops, restaurants, parks and stores.
Reviewed July 4, 2018 via mobile

A really good welcome but mixed service. A couple of waiter(esses) were really nice but not all. We had breakfast/ brunch. From the kids menu, we ordered the french toast sticks but they had far too much cinnamon. The skillet though was great.

Date of visit: July 2018
1  Thank Terry O

Reviewed June 28, 2018 via mobile

Called days ahead and told them about the large group coming. Not at all prepared. People were receiving food before others even had their drinks. Our party ended up getting our own coffees and cutlery and wherever else we could.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed June 27, 2018

We came here Saturday evening for supper and our waitress was freaking amazing always checking that our drinks were full and that our meal was ok. Most places you go now the waitresses come 1 to 2 times and you never see them again, but not her she was great, very friendly as well was the bus boy he was chatting to us and cleaning everything. very impressed. Meal didn't take long to get and was hot and very good!

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed June 17, 2018 via mobile

I had the misfortune of stopping by this restaurant with friends and family this past summer and had one of the most terrible dinning experiences of my life. I’ve never been a fussy eater but the chef there was the worst ever. I ordered the dinner special which was liver and as I put my first bite to my mouth I looked at the underside and it was burnt. I called the waitress over and showed her. The fries and veggies were left on my plate but she took the liver back and returned 20 minutes later with another serving of the liver. By this time the fries and veggies were cold. As I cut the new piece of liver the grease just poured out into my plate. The liver had been deep fried. I asked for the manager and/or the cook. The waitress came back and asked me how can she help. The manager/owner was in the store because I saw him bring some supplies in.
I couldn’t eat the meal as it was soaked in grease and very cold. When the waiter and now newly appointed manager came with the bill, I was charged for the meal. To add insult to it all, when we left the restaurant, the manager and the cook (or at least some dressed in a cooks uniform came out on the roof of the building and watched us drive away. I’ve eaten out in a lot of restaurants in my day but that was the worst ever. I don’t know how the place is still open!

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed May 22, 2018

Our hotel didn't offer breakfast so we walked over to Smitty's. Service was good and the food was also. One of our party needs Gluten Free and wait staff were quick to help out. Unlimited coffee. Great breakfast stop!

Date of visit: May 2018