“A Terrific Lunch, nice surprise on the Yellowhead Highway.”

Olympia Greek Restaurant and Taverna
Ranked #8 of 45 Restaurants in Hinton
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 8, 2018

We stopped here as there was a hour delay on the highway to Jasper., next to the Visitor Info Centre. My husband had eaten at Olympia during business trips. Great tasty menu items for all for 4 of us, teenagers and adults. Good Veggie options as well. Best Donairs & Iman we have had for a long time. Friendly, terrific service; Thank you.

Reviewed July 24, 2018

Excellent Service and great food.

Would highly recommend.

The hosts at our B&B recommended and we are so pleased we choose to eat at Olympia.

Seemed to be "locals" eating there which is always a good sign.

Reviewed July 11, 2018 via mobile

I did not want a skewer and thought a microwave was involved in the preparation of most of the rest of the menu so after checking with the waitress about the quality of the ribs opted for chicken and ribs.

Words fail me with the small chicken leg and even smaller ribs presented to me covered in sludge.

You know when you go to the store in the morning and the chicken served is the warmed up leftover from last night - well the taste texture was worse.

Cynically I even wondered if the sauce was to cover old age wrinkles.

The appearance of the potatoe ...

My partner had the moussaka which did not get a glowing review. Her salad was ok.

Next time I walk into an empty restaurant I guess I just better walk back out.

Reviewed March 25, 2018 via mobile

The restaurant was very clean and well kept. That was comforting as it displays the care the owner and staff take in this place. The waiting staff was friendly and very competent.
The food was good, and fresh, with the exception of the tomatoes in the Greek salad, which were a bit soft (I was surprised to see Romain in the Greek salad). The Greek potatoes and rice were tasty. The chicken souvlaki was prepackaged and not my favorite. The pork souvlaki was a bit tough but tasty.
I gave a 4 as an overall rating, which is maybe a tad generous, but I would return and try something else from the menu. To be fair, I must say we are used to a Greek restaurant in our hometown, so we are basing this on a comparison between the two.
I would recommend this place, in part to the pride of ownership that is evident.

Reviewed December 22, 2017

The Slovakia is the best I've had in the area. This is our "go to" place in Hinton & area for this dish. Can't comment on any other menu item as I have been stuck on this one as it is so good. Serving size is exceptional.