This was actually the second time that I had stayed in this hotel. The first time I stayed there was in August 2012. I forgot to write a review then, but I'm writing one for our second stay now - I've stayed two times so clearly, you already know the first time wasn't a bad stay - I came back.
Anyways, when I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Hinton in July 2013, I stayed here with my boyfriend and my younger sister. We only stayed for one night, just because we planned a random trip to Jasper last minute. I've been impressed with this hotel twice. We booked two rooms this second time. One for my sister to stay in, and one for me and my boyfriend - because he snores. Despite his snoring, I was still able to sleep soundly as the beds were super comfy. which is rare.. because usually I'm kept up all night. Besides actually being able to sleep I can also say that I was very happy with the cleanliness of the rooms. They're always clean, and the rooms are kept well and up to date. The room temperature was actually good too. I've stayed in a lot of rooms where it was either scorching, or freezing - it's no good when you're too hot or cold. Also the breakfast there is AMAZING. I think the breakfast is always my favourite part of the stay at this hotel. The breakfast there is like a buffet style, so you can go and pick whatever you want. The food is put out fresh, and is often replenished when it starts to run out.
There was scrambled eggs, bacon, cinnamon buns, waffles or pancakes (I can't remember which one but I'm pretty sure it was waffles. They had a machine where you could make your own waffles however you liked them), toast, cereal - pretty much everything you could want for breakfast. There was also a machine that was like a machine for soft drinks, but you could get juices out of it instead like orange juice or apple juice.
But I'll move on from breakfast, I just had to express how good it was.
Also, the pool was awesome. Although I have to warn, the only thing that was slightly bad was the hot tub. It is so HOT. Seriously, not like normal hot, it's like stepping into a fire hot. You definitely have to ease yourself into it when stepping in, which took me a couple of minutes haha. I've been in a lot of hot tubs as I like to go to pools often, and it was the same both times that we stayed.
In short form - I would stay a third time. The hotel is quite impressive. Definitely worth the money, and after researching other hotel prices before we went back, I'm pretty sure it was one of the cheapest. The staff is friendly, it's very clean, the pool is nice, the breakfast is awesome, the beds are comfy, and it's also in a pretty decent location.
Thanks for the great stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Convenient Location Highlights this Hinton, Alberta Hotel Surrounded by the beauty of the Rocky Mountains, the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites of Hinton, Alberta treats guests to top-quality amenities and service.The breathtaking landscapes of the Rockies are one of the most popular attractions in Hinton. Our hotel near Jasper National Park gives you easy access to this protected range of caribou and home of the highest mountain in Alberta. You can also take an ATV tour with Canadian Rockies Adventures. Golfers can enjoy playing 18 holes at the Hinton Golf Course, a few miles from our hotel. If you prefer to stay indoors while lodging in Hinton, Alberta, consider stopping by the Parks West Mall for a day of shopping.Business travelers to our Hinton, Alberta accommodations can benefit from our convenient location near dozens of corporate locations, such as Hinton Wood Products, Hinton General Hospital, Kal Tire, Weatherford, Yellowhead Regional Educational Consortium and Syntech Enerflex. Our Hinton, Alberta hotel also has a meeting room, a 24-hour Business Centre and free high-speed Internet access to meet your business needs.We go beyond other hotels in Hinton, Alberta to offer the best amenities such as a free hot breakfast bar each morning. We have a variety of rooms and suites, each equipped with 32' TVs, high-speed Internet access and a microwave and refrigerator. Call today and reserve a room at our Hinton, Alberta hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, IHG, getaroom.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Hinton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Hinton
- Holiday Inn Express Hinton
- Holiday Inn Hinton
- Hinton Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Hinton Alberta