Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Hinton
$201
Agoda.com
Hotels.com
TripAdvisor
All reviewscinnamon rollsturkey sausagepancake makerhi expressstandard sizerecommend this hotelnice hotelfree breakfastovernight stopstay there againpool areajasper national parkbreakfast optionsyogurtexercise roombreakfast roomthe wi fi
Reviewed May 25, 2013

Reserving our room with Holiday Inn Express via the internet was a very bad experience. I will never expose myself to this experience with Holiday Inn Express again. I was overcharged and was bounced between a number of people until I got fed up and hung up the phone.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Gordon B
Alison P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Hinton, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2013

We appreciate you taking the time to share the process of booking with us. Booking online has many different websites that link directly to our hotel. We try very hard to monitor the many booking channels to make sure our guests are getting what was stated. It is always best to follow up with the hotel after the inital booking to make sure we have all you requests and as we are the ones who can answer local hotel questions.
Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience.

Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

For the price there isn't a lot. Gym only opens at 8:00 which makes it difficult to have a workout before work. No newspaper at my door. Service desk had one staff and six people waiting to check in. Very limited TV channels. Overall, exceedingly average to say the least.

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank JGDcanada
Alison P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Hinton, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2013

We appreicate you taking the time to tell us about your recent stay. Our exercise room does open up at 8AM as we have guest rooms located in close proximity to the gym. We evaluate each early request for the gym on a nightly basis and try to put guests who request it close by so we can open it up early for them to use.
I will definatly look into the front desk service that was recieved and to look for a way to improve on faster check in times.
Again I thank you for bringing these items to our attention so we can improve as a hotel.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

Like most people we stayed for one night on our way to Jasper and our journey down the parkway to Banff. Since we left Edmonton in the late afternoon we knew we just needed a place to sleep so we could be on our way again in the morning.

This hotel is right off the highway and easy to find. Compared to the prices in Jasper it wa a much better value. We ate at one of the restaurants within walking distance of the hotel and it was decent. The free breakfast and wiifii are always a plus.

Over all the rooms are clean and the beds comfortable, a good option for those traveling in and around Jasper and the area.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank TravelonJo
Alison P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Hinton, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

Thank You for taking the time to share the options available when traveling the Jasper Parkway area.
Hinton is a nice location to meet the needs of visitors stopping in the park. I'll pass on the feedback about the hotel to our team as we appreciate our guests.
Thank You again.

Reviewed February 7, 2013

I was here twice on business and finally got around to writing a review. I personally found their service APALLING. I wasn't given the room I reserved. Was loud, and the front desk didn't seem too concerned. I even gave this place a second chance and still got the same poor service as I did originally. Hot breakfast in the morning is nice; its your tyipcal HIE amenities. I would honestly go down the road to the regular Holiday Inn & Suites and try your luck there, at least its closer to town and has a restaurant inside the hotel.

Room Tip: Away from the elevator, especially if there are a lot of contractors in town!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Netless
Alison P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Hinton, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

Thank You for taking the time to share your stay with us. We appreciate the feedback our guests give us so we can improve in areas such as customer service. I will share your comments with the front desk team about the rooms guests book and the room the guests recieve with how this impacts our guests returning.
We try very hard to give good customer service and I am truely sorry we dissapointed you in this area.
Again thank you for the feedback as this will help us work on strengthening our service.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

Stopped at this hotel in Hinton as it was just off the highway. It is part of the few places towards the east end of town. The room was clean and warm, a bit small but came with a fridge to put our road snacks in. Breakfast included typical continental breakfast items but strangely without any fruit. It did have hot ham, little omelets and a cool pancake maker. I would probably stay here again while stopping at Hinton.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank elink40
Alison P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Hinton, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent stay at our hotel. We value feedback especially in areas about the breakfast. As a hotel we look for fresh fruit items that can be peeled for public safety so we usually have banana's as one of the items available. I will check with the breakfast bar host to see where this item was located.
We look forward to you returning when traveling through the Hinton area.