“Great Coffee and Treats, a need spot before going to the Mountains”
Review of The Old Grind

The Old Grind
Ranked #2 of 45 Restaurants in Hinton
Cuisines: Cafe
Description: The Old Grind is a vibrant, hip cafe specializing in high-quality, locally roasted espresso-based coffees and drinks, smoothies and Italian sodas, paired with delicious, home-baked goods and nutritionally healthy light meals, soups, salads, and sandwiches. Breakfast, gluten free, vegetarian and take out options available. Set in a warm, eclectic setting, we are a licenced establishment situated along Highway 16 at Green Square, behind the Travel Alberta Visitor Information Center in Hinton, Alberta. The Old Grind is a favorite local gathering place offering events and live music, great food and drink, and exceptional customer service. Incredible assortment of local art available for sale.
Reviewed August 8, 2018

A nice spot behind the Visitor Info Centre for light lunches, good coffee and home-made treats. Best spot on Yellowhead Highway from Edmonton, before the Mountains.

Date of visit: July 2018
1  Thank CA H

Reviewed August 8, 2018 via mobile

Just stopped by for coffee and cold drinks but excellent friendly service. Looked a nice selection of food too. Great local business.

Reviewed August 2, 2018

The serving size for the scrambled eggs was very small so don't expect a large portion.
The to die for oatmeal squares were delicious - so sweet and definitely filled us up after our breakfast.
Their coffee was delicious - get the backpackers blend! The best coffee we had all week.

Friendly staff and a lovely ambiance with the art gallery at the back made for a nice stop over for breakfast.

1  Thank Pinkdresses
Reviewed July 31, 2018 via mobile

I had to pleasure to stop at this coffee house on the 4th July when I started my cycling trip from Jasper to Mexico, I had a Cinnamon Role and a Coffee and
halfway through my journey I still keep thinking about it as I never had a cinnamon roll tasting quite like that...in other words it was just phenomenal and a must stop for every visitor.
The only regret I have is that I couldn’t stay longer and taste the other great looking goodies they had on offer!
Great spot, great coffee and food and very friendly staff! Well done

Reviewed July 19, 2018

We visited this coffee shop before heading out of town. It’s a lovely place with a young, welcoming staff who do a very good job of dealing with customers and preparing food. The food looked delicious and I had a granola bar - a huge square and my husband a cookie - also large. Coffee was also good. This place is clearly popular with local people. Would definitely recommend this place and I would love to go back and sample more.

Date of visit: July 2018