“Crummy”
Review of Super 8 Hinton

Super 8 Hinton
Ranked #16 of 17 Hotels in Hinton
Reviewed January 10, 2014

I used to stay at this Super 8 all the time as it has a pool. The last 3 visits have been lousy to say the least. As a result, I have started staying at the Days Inn, but thought that I would give it another try. Not impressed.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Karen L, General Manager at Super 8 Hinton, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2014

We are so sorry to hear your stay was not as expected. I would have loved to hear from you to see what your concerns were.
We are presently undergoing renovations in the motel to update may things. We do hope to see you back in the near future.
Have a super day!

There are newer reviews for Super 8 Hinton

Reviewed January 6, 2014

Just a regular, good price motel with standard breakfast. No fireworks whatsoever, but a tidy and cosy place to spend couple nights. We spent there one night, arrived late, left early. Bed was comfortable and that's what we needed.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Thank for your comment. It is always a pleasure hearing from our valued guests.
We look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Have a supper day!

Reviewed January 5, 2014

Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Karen L, General Manager at Super 8 Hinton, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2014

Reviewed January 2, 2014

Friendly staff, though room was very warm 1st nite and cold 2nd nite, very cold in hallway.
Biggest problem, hot tub ruined my daughter's $60 bathing suit, totally faded the part that was immersed in water. Hard on eyes for everyone in pool area and hard to breath for 2 of my children after out of pool. Spoke about this to manager and she said levels are automated, and have been checked and checked, I know she was baffled by this and was doing what she could, and she shut down hot tub as other guests were having problems too. I had to mention my reimbursement 3 times to diff staff and mentioned it at check-out when she knew nothing about it and made a phone call & did reimburse me in the end. Staff did want to help me but was not efficient at communicating the reimbursement.
Also as we are a family of 5 we needed a cot, which we paid an extra $15 for. My son did not use it as you could totally feel the springs in it. He just slept on the floor which he claimed was better.
The good things are that the pool was nice and warm and the baking was a nice touch. And the staff was concerned and wanted to help us.

Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Karen L, General Manager at Super 8 Hinton, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2014

Thank you for your feedback. It is always a pleasure hearing from our valued guests so we can make improvements in order to accommodate our guest much better.
I am happy to tell you, I had people in to check the entire system and as I thought, everything was running as should have been.
Levels for a chemicals were definitely at acceptable levels.
As for the bathing suit, I do apologize. My staff is not authorized to give refunds without my consent. Upon my return they did contact me and I gave them permission to do so.
I noticed the cot frame in the hallway and figured the mattress was just placed on the floor. Cots are not the most comfortable type of bed to sleep on, that is true.
I am glad to hear my staff was helpful to you and your family.
Thank you once again for your comments and we look forward to seeing you in the future.
Have a SUPER DAY!

Reviewed December 23, 2013

Reviewed November 28, 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed November 15, 2013

We checked in and the gal who took care of us was very polite. However, we did not receive a receipt even after 2 requests. The room was NOT clean. The coffee maker had grounds and water in it, spilled all over. The fold out baed had no bedding. The bathroom was noticeably dirty. There was hair in the bed. No remote for the television either. The decor was very shabby. My 14 yr. old son was not comfortable in the room. We were booked to stay for 2 nights and found new and fabulous accommodation elsewhere for a cheaper rate.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Taija Erica S
Karen L, General Manager at Super 8 Hinton, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2013

Thank you for your comments. I am happy to hear your check in went good. We do not provide a receipt until check out. At that time the staff would be more than happy to provide you with one.
We do not make up our hide a beds until it is requested. This ensures fresh linens are provided at time of check in.
I am sorry to hear there were problems in your room. If you had brought this to our attention immediately I could have dealt with the situation at that moment. There is no excuse for things to be left undone. I will definitely look into the problem and bring it to the staff's attention.
Again, thank you for the comment and you have a Super Day!