“Nice place for the night”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Hinton Lodge

Hinton Lodge
Ranked #9 of 17 Hotels in Hinton
Fort Smith, Northwest Territories, Canada
“Nice place for the night”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

We were passing through Hinton on our way to BC and were looking for a place for the night. Hotels in Hinton seemed to be on the pricey side but the Hinton Lodge was reasonable. We had a very large, clean, and comfortable room. There was a basic breakfast included as well. All of the staff we dealt with were friendly and efficient.

Room Tip: Our room was on the ground floor facing the front of the building. We didn't have any highway n...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed July 18, 2013

This is a nicely appointed building with an overall design plan, etc. but it is completely without charm, welcome or character. There was ABSOLUTELY NOTHING in the room except the requisite minimum of towels and a teenie tiny bar of soap. No shower cap. No lotion. No shampoo or cond. No paper or pen to write a note on (or keep track of a card game). No glass glasses to drink from, water or wine. No cork screw. ......... There was a person at reception who cheerlessly brought us bedding for the fold-out bed which we had pre-booked and then cheerlessly again came with the towels that ought to have been there for our nephew. There seemed never to be people around in the any of the hallways and the receptionist watched TV in the lobby all of the evening. Nothing terrible about the place but no reason to stay here - go somewhere with a bit of cheer.

Room Tip: Ask not to face the highway
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Florence R
Oakville, Canada
Reviewed July 16, 2013

After booking online with Expedia for the Super 8, then arriving to find that there were no rooms, we went up the road a little & found the Hinton Lodge. Not only did the have rooms, but they were very impressive, for the price. Modern, clean, good value and with a continental breakfast too. Very impressed with our one night stay and would certainly recommend it.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed in Hinton numerous times for work an with the Southern Alberta floods this month my Anniversay trip to Canmore had to be cancelled. So the wife and I packed up the kayaks and headed to Hinton. My wife booked another hotel on short notice. Once we arrived we were not impressed and since we were staying for 2 days I looked around. The accommodated me on very short notice and I upgraded my room to a suite. I paid less for the suit than I did in the other run down hotel. King size bed, AC clean crisp room and sheets, fireplace and jacuzzi. The room and housekeeping was excellent.

Breakfast is continental with more options.

Great job Hinton lodge. I will stay here from now on when I'm in Hinton on business as well. Standard rooms are very affordable as well.

• Stayed June 2013
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed May 16, 2013

I tried reserving a room online the evening before my arrival, but the website told me that there were NO VACANCIES available of my choice of room or expected dates of stay (May 7th - 11th). So I called the 1-800 Toll-Free number & the front desk informed me there were plenty choices for me to pick. So I reserved a King Room on the main level facing away from all highway traffic and received it at a Corporate Rate Discount, 4 nights with a private Jacuzzi, fridge, microwave, bar sink, coffee maker, full bath, electric fireplace, track lighting + at least another dozen lamps/lighting to set any mood, King-size bed w. 4 large pillows, 2 double large windows facing the woods, thermostatically controlled heating/air conditioning, free wireless internet/iPhone Wi-Fi, + hotel amenities include exercise room, coin laundry service, meeting rooms & hot tub/Jacuzzi for larger clientele use! My price: $126.00/night + tax. I will be back soon!!

Room Tip: The rooms facing away from highway traffic still pick up the faint sound of the occasional freight t...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Timinator1963
Dubendorf, Switzerland
Reviewed December 2, 2012

We picked this hotel in Hinton rather than in Jasper for its price. It cost's not even half of what you pay in Jasper.

The room was nice and clean, staff friendly. Breakfast in the morning was very busy and it was a bit unusual that everything was in the fridge in individual freezer bags (even toast, bagels, danish!). But the food was good.

Check out led to some delays, as the lady behind the deks was also in charge of the breakfast room. It would be better to pay when checking-in.

Wifi wasn't working in our room, but they had cords to plug in.

Would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank patm82
Fort St. John, Canada
Reviewed August 28, 2012

Stayed here on the 26th of Aug/12. Room was wonderful and quite the size for 2 double beds. Has it's own fridge, microwave, coffee station. Decor was very nice and you felt at home as soon as you came into the room.
Room also comes equipped withshampoo/conditioner/soap/blowdryer some
places do hot have these amenities as we experienced in the past. Travelled with senior's so got a deal on the price of the room. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Nice entrance to the Hotel, lots of space. They have a free continental breakfast open from 6-9:30AM. No fruit on the menu though-cereal's, waffles, toast, coffee etc.This Hotel does not allow for pet's so if you are a pet owner this is not the place to spend the night. Very nice place would definatley stay again.

Room Tip: Stayed in room 114 on main floor, you could hear the traffic on the main highway-if you like a quiet...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family