“Good Night”
Review of White Wolf Inn

White Wolf Inn
Ranked #12 of 17 Hotels in Hinton
Reviewed June 25, 2013

The room was dated but clean and in good condition. The service was helpful and friendly. The room was quiet for the evening. The main issue I had was the room was very hot at night and the air conditioning did not cool it at all. Made it touch to sleep.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Tracy H, General Manager at White Wolf Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2013

Thank you for the wonderful review. By taking the time to give us this review you let us know how we can improve to make future visits even better.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

Those driving the Yellowhead often use Hinton as an affordable stop. Accomodation here is much less than staying in the Park (Jasper). We did the same on a recent trip east. After a long delay, due to an accident related closure of Highway 16 we arrived very, very late at our pre-booked room. The night staff who greeted us was wonderful, he knew what was open at the time, provided a warm welcome and offered advice on our departure route.

Our room was clean, everything worked and the bed comfortable. It is true that the hotel and in particular the artwork in the rooms is showing its age but for a place for a comfortable stop, just off the highway you would have to work hard to find better. Parking lot was large and well lit.

Bathrooms are large, albeit a bit dated but they were clean and sufficient. Our room had a fridge and microwave which we did not need as wekk as a table and couch. Bed was comfortable and room A/C heating would work for all temperatures.

MacDonalds is next door for a fast food meal if you have had enough driving for the day.

Breakfast which came with the room was typical for hotels of this type ( cereal, waffels , bacon, eggs, fruit and coffee). Day staff were pleasant and helpful.

Bottom line, a clean, comfortable rest just off the highway.

Room Tip: Our room was relatively well sound proof so we heard nothing from the surroundings.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Tracy H, General Manager at White Wolf Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to give us your review. This allows us the opportunity to provide the very best service for future guests.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

I have yet to be disappointed at a Best Western location yet! The rooms are always exceptionally clean and cozy, the beds are always very comfortable and the service is always exceptional! I do think the breakfast at this location could have been better, but it was not bad. Still not disappointed :)

• Stayed: May 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your review. As our breakfast program is new I really appeciate the feedback on the food selection that we have.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

I completely agree with the review by mdelam. The photos are not accurate and this hotel is more like a Motel 6. The room size was good and it was clean but this place is older and our room smelled like it used to be a smoking room. The staff was not especially friendly. The breakfast area was very small but the breakfast itself was good. There are concrete barriers between the parking spaces and the hotel which take away from the appearance. We felt that this place was overpriced for the accommodations. We ended up going down the road to a Holiday Inn for our second night in town where we had a beautiful suite for less money.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Tracy H, General Manager at White Wolf Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2013

I am so very sorry that you were dissapointed during your stay with us. I wish that I knew which pictures of the hotel you were refering to so that I could make sure that they are an accurate example of what we are. I did go on line and unfortunately the room you stayed in was not pictured on line. I have spoken to the housekeeping staff in regards to the odor issue and hopefully we have solved it. i have spoken with the other staff inolved to ensure this never happens again. Thank you for your review it will be very helpful in improving ourselves. I hope you will give us a try again.

Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

I arrived after a very long drive to book into a reserved room.
I asked for an upstairs room because the previous night people had been noisey above.
I was told rooms had been allocated, when I asked again she just said they were fully booked already. As it was early and there were no other cars parked I felt she was unreasonable. If she had just said, I'm sorry it's not possible I would have accepted it.

Such a shame as the morning staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: June 2013
Tracy H, General Manager at White Wolf Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

I am so sorry that you were treated that way by one of our staff, I have spoken with the parties involved and hopefully this will NEVER happen again. We strive to provide the best possible customer service for each and everyone one of guests. I truly hope that you will come back and stay with us again..

Reviewed May 15, 2013

Occasionally one comes across a motel where everything is right and you make a note to go back there whenever possible. This is that type of motel. Friendly staff, good rooms, quiet location, and reasonable rates.

Don't get me wrong here - no place is absolutely perfect. It is when the overall effort is such that you are pleased with your stay at all points that I make such a mental note.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Tracy H, General Manager at White Wolf Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to give us your review. We try very hard to ensure that every guest that comes here has a great stay. I will be sure to pass on the compliments to all the staff. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed May 3, 2013

Stay was great staff was very friendly & accommodating would reccomemd to friends! The only downfall was our room was extremely warm and the heat was turned off so we ended up having the air conditioning on all night

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Tracy H, General Manager at White Wolf Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to give us your review, by doing so this enables us to keep up our standards of service and to ensure the next guests will have the same experience. I will pass on this review to all parties involved. Thanks.