“Nice, Quiet Hotel”
Review of White Wolf Inn

White Wolf Inn
Ranked #12 of 17 Hotels in Hinton
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Hotel is clean and quiet with nice rooms. I have stayed here often and will stay again. Night desk clerk not overly friendly but only had a few minutes to formulate this opinion. Continental breakfast included!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Tracy H, General Manager at White Wolf Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to give us your review. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, I will pass on your compliments and concerns to the staff. Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed February 6, 2013

Me and my boyfriend traveled to Hinton in the beginning of August 2012. We stayed here for 2 nights. I can't remember which room we stayed in, but I have to say that I was quite impressed. The room was nice, very clean. It had a cozy feeling to it. I loved the bathroom. There was a shower, and a big tub, which was basically a Jacuzzi. The shower had a dispenser in it for shampoo and conditioner. It's been the only time I've seen something like that in the shower which was pretty neat. We did not use the pool, so I can't review that, but I'm sure it is awesome. The hotel itself is also in a good location, close to stores and other attractions, so if you need something, its not that far of a drive, or if you're hungry, its close to a lot of restaurants.

I would recommend staying here if you're going to Hinton for a week or just a night. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Tracy H, General Manager at White Wolf Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2013

Thanks you so much for the review, I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will pass on the review to the staff and let them know about the good job.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

My family has stayed here many times,.. we've stayed in the honeymoon suite, all the way down to the regular rooms. All rooms are nice and clean to BW standards. The view at the back is really nice and the hotel is close to trails and a park for kids. The hot tub and workout room are nice. Could use more or updated workout equip. Breakfast is always enjoyable. Staff is friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: ask for west side
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Milkmannn
Tracy H, General Manager at White Wolf Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2012

Thank you so much for the review. By letting us know your thoughts it helps us to improve our hotel for you and other guests.

Reviewed November 27, 2012

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Tracy H, General Manager at White Wolf Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2012

Reviewed September 25, 2012

If you look at the picture it's a standard one for Best Western. This was an old property with two stories, stairs on the outside and a tiny breakfast area. The rooms were large and in need of an upgrade. The temp was 80F outside and much warmer inside. The air conditioner had to be set on high and you couldn't turn it off or it would put off heat. The cleaning crew did a good job because it was spotless. This was more like a motel 6 or super 8 than any of the other Best Westerns we stayed at on our trip to Canada.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Tracy H, General Manager at White Wolf Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2012

Thank you so much for the review. By giving us your review it enables us to improve our hotel to make sure that are guests receive the best experience.

Reviewed September 12, 2012

This was the third of four Best Western Hotels we stayed in during our week touring around Alberta. This was simply an overnight stay on our way back to Edmonton. It is a very affordable option to staying in Jasper but is about a hour drive from the town of Jasper itself.

The other four Best Westerns had been the “Plus” brand, this was not. This is an “Inn” so we weren't expecting the same amenities. It’s a two storey building with no elevator and all rooms are accessed from outside. The lobby is fairly small. Only one gal at the front desk and it happened there were others checking in at the same time so there was a bit of a wait.

Our room itself was huge. We had the two queen bed room, it was V shaped with a bed in each end of the V and a very large bathroom in the notch. The room was quite clean and well maintained. Beds were quite comfy.

We had trouble with the WiFi but it was pretty much crap at every Best Western in which we stayed.

My only compaint, and what takes it down a notch for me, was the size of the breakfast room. As others have stated, it's way too small. The food itself was typical of an included breakfast. We ended up taking our breakfast back to the room. If the breakfast room can not be expanded, I would suggest they at least make take-out containers available to make it easier to take the food back to your room.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Tracy H, Front Office Manager at White Wolf Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2012

Thank you so much for the review, it is a great way to help us improve to better your stay and others. I really like the idea of the "take out" containers. I will be sure to pass this along.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

Stayed for 2 nights over the Labour Day weekend with my wife, kids and parents. Check in was good, nice Scottish lady processed our booking quickly and explained everything well. Room was fair, nothing special, seems as if some single rooms have been combined to provide a one bedroom suite, room was quiet, facing away from the road and beds were comfortable. Bathroom very small with sink outside in the main room.

My main complaint was breakfast, nothing wrong with what was on offer - standard Best Western fare - but the room in which all this was on offer was TINY! Any more than 10 people in the room you were tripping over each other - lucky everyone seemed to be able to choreograph their way through. There were four tables barely able to sit 4 people each, all of this made the usual scramble for a complementary breakfast at Best Western a pretty stressful affair. My party ended up grabbing what we could and went back to our room to eat.

Check out was less friendly than check in, a different lady took my money gave me my receipt and didn't even wish me a good day. Perhaps the she had tried and failed to squeeze into the breakfast room and get something to eat that morning.

So overall, probably one of my worst Best Western experiences, not a disaster, just not that good. One suggestion - please extend your breakfast room!

• Stayed: September 2012
Tracy H, General Manager at White Wolf Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2012

Thank you for your responce by letting us know how we can improve we can work to better your stay. I have addressed your concerns and hopefully this is something that we can remedy.