“We love staying here when we are in town. The pool is awesome, great restaurant and breakfast is amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Holiday Inn Hinton

Holiday Inn Hinton
Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Hinton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

The staff was very friendly, rooms were not huge but very clean and the kids had a blast in the pool. This particular pool is one of the larger I have seen at Holiday Inns ever. I would definitely stay again.

4 Thank 1-zako6
Hinton707, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hinton, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Wow thank you so much for your wonderful review. I do agree that we do have one of the larger pools in the area and that is why the kids have so much fun with the slide. Once again thank you and have a wonderful day!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013

Booked a pet room with hotel after driving 10 hours got to hotel and no pet room reservations. Had to argue with desk guy showed him my confirmation and still nothing. I will never book here again and will tell everyone else not to also. If you want a good hotel stay at the Nova Lodge.

5 Thank lynnettecarson
Hinton707, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hinton, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback on your reservation status. We are truly sorry that you couln't get the pet room you were expecting and that we didn't get the opportunity to show you our high standards of quality and services. Please note that we have only a limited number of dedicated pet rooms in the hotel and they were all pre booked by guests who had called the hotel directly. Our website clearly says that "For Pet Rooms", please call the hotel directly to check availability" and this is also communicated to all the guests from our central reservation office. We hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you next time when you are in Hinton.
Huntingdon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

We were welcomed by very friendly front desk staff, and given a suite on the ground floor, which proved very comfortable. Staying on a B&B basis, the voucher for breakfast would not cover the cost of modest meals for the two of us, but a little negotiation with the front desk resulted in an increase in the value - point was well taken. Restaurant staff were very good, and took an interest in what we had spent our time looking at in the vicinity. It proved a good base for touring.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Richard T
Hinton707, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hinton, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Thank you for your complimentary review of the hotel during your trip to Hinton. I was pleased that you were looked after by our front desk and had an enjoyable experience in the restaurant. I will be sure to share your comments with the entire team. Once again thank you and we look forward to seeing you again.
Saskatoon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

Stayed here due to points promotion. Upon arrival the room we were given had a distinct odor and in fact it seemed that entire section had an unpleasant odor. The front desk person was very pleasant and we were given a room in another section. While looking tired and dated the room was clean and the beds were comfortable. It was nice to have a microwave and small fridge. Unfortunately on the second day the water from the tap turned a brownish color just when my wife was brushing her teeth. When I spoke to the front desk person I was advised that they had some plumbing done but "the water is ok now." I was somewhat taken aback. If they were doing something with the plumbing I thought guests should have been advised in advance. We used bottled water the rest of our stay. No room for towels etc. in the bathroom sink area. There was also a problem with the side entry door which only operated sporadically. The grandchildren loved the pool and waterslide.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank CruisinSaskatoon
Hinton707, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hinton, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay with us. We sincerely give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible. We apologize for letting you down on some aspects of your stay .We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving our hotel.
Pincher Creek
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013

Staying here at the minute. Room extremely small particularly for a family Of four. Being platinum members you expect something a little bigger. Sink outside bathroom and no where to put anything. Walls are paper thin. Kept awake by noisy family next door. Beds are comfortable and nice to have fridge and microwave. Wifi signal is good.

3 Thank Bro02
Hinton707, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hinton, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to let us know how your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Hinton was. I always appreciate the feedback we receive, good or not so good, as it keeps us aware of our guests expectations. I am glad that there was a few things that you enjoyed during your stay but very sorry that it was not overly comfortable for your family. Thank you for your feedback and have a wonderful day!
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

We spend three nights over the August long weekend. The room is clear and fresh. The waterslide was very fun my kids love it very much but it only operate from five to nine pm. The price is affordable and I found I love this small and peaceful town Hinton.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank rick_chencao
Hinton707, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hinton, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Thank you so much for your great feedback and I am so happy that your children enjoyed the pool so much. I do agree that Hinton is a great little town and I hope that you will come back and visit us soon. Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Hinton!
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013

Stayed here on a family vacation this past summer since jasper was too expensive. The only reason I booked here was because they had a pool. Pool was ok, but cold for my baby but once you got used to it was ok. Check in experience was not great. Was greeted by a very rude man that was not listening to my questions. He was the only rude staff I came across. Rooms were ok, don't believe they were worth the $144 a night though. Our second day there I asked for our linens to be changed as my daughter had puked on the sheets, came back to the room late that night and noticed it was not vacuumed, there was no toilet paper, no bath mat and our sheets were not changed but the request was put back on the rack so the obviously seen it. Was upset and called down to front desk and no apology or anything. Sent up 2 extra towels, one that was full of grease marks. The next day when I was checking out I asked barb at the front desk if anything was taken off the bill, she had no idea what I was talking about. I would have thought the staff from the night before would have made an adjustment on the bill. She was great though and took some off my last night stay. The restaurant was excellent here but I will not stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2013
3 Thank carebear26
Hinton707, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hinton, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide us valued feedback from your stay. I am sorry that your experience was not more pleasant and memorable. I will bring your comments up to our
housekeeping and the rest of the team as this is definately not how we want to be perceived and this is definately not the level of service I like to see from our hotel. Please accept my sincerely apology.