“No complaints,would stay again”
Review of Holiday Inn Hinton

Holiday Inn Hinton
Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in Hinton
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Everything was clean and comfortable. Just a standard holiday inn, good place to rest your head. Would stay again without hesitation. Bathroom was clean and updated and the shower pressure was good. Good overall stay.

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank matt s
Hinton707, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hinton, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2012

We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. Our staff works hard to make every guests stay a memorable one. Thank you for taking the time to share your comments and we do hope you will join us again in the future.

Reviewed July 31, 2012

I stayed here during my visit to Jasper National Park. The hotel was very nice, the staff was extremely friendly and made me feel welcome. I was upgraded to a suite which was a nice touch and the furnishings were comfortable. The only thing I didnt like about my stay was that they use little, designer type pillows for the bed. These were not functional or comfortable for me at all. If they were to swtich these out, I would fully recommend this location. As far as Hinton goes, it is a small town on the main highway (room was not noisy), that seems to get a fair amount of oil and gas contractors and construction crews. There are several places to get food and several nearby grocery stores that one can stock up with lunches and snacks for the national park. The entrance to Jasper Natonal Park is not far from Hinton, but the actual town of Jasper is probably 1 hour away. This can be tiring after a long day, but the drive itself is incredible with beautiful scenery and much wildlife along the way.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank tallcodude

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay with us. We are happy that you were able to appreciate most of the amenities that our hotel has to offer and our convenient location just outside of Jasper National Park. It is our hope that you will stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed July 30, 2012

Stayed at this location on July 28, 2012 - chose this hotel on the basis of the reviews I read on line and the overall rating. The spa in the hotel was not operational at the time of our stay and this was important to us. Sat down on one of the beds in the room and the mattress frame was not secure - nearly ended up on the floor!!! Mattress not comfortable. Bathroom small. Lighting could have been better. When checking in were questioned by the clerk regarding the rate that I had been given when registering online - this left an uncomfortable feeling from the onset. Subsequently cancelled our booking at the same location for Aug 4th and 5th - wouldn't go out of my way to stay at this hotel again. Wish my review could have been more positive.

Room Tip: Check to ensure that all amenities are available the day before travel. The spa was important to us...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Cheryl A

Please accept my sincere apologies for not meeting your expectations during your recent stay with us. I do appreciate that you took the time to share your comments in order that we may make the necessary changes for future guests. I do agree that our desk staff should not be questioning rates made through the internet as this is not a professional practise and I will be sure to pass along these concerns. Once again thank you and have a great day!

Reviewed July 25, 2012

Good Stay. Loved the mini kitchenette in the room (sink, microwave, fridge) good stuff. Nice sized bathroom. All around nice. one thing I've noticed at a ton of places is that the air conditioning units are always so loud. This was not the case here! I was happy to see that. Free Breakfast was alright. It's a free breakfast kind of standard. Not awful but not great. My one complaint was the couple across the hall was parading their child out by the elevator to some family/friends? it was odd and my room was right next to the action. They were noisy but eventually quieted down. I guess it would be nicer if the rooms were a bit more sound proof but not a deal breaker by any means. I'd stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank L B
Hinton707, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hinton, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2012

Thank you so much for sharing your positive feedback with other travellers and I will be sure to pass along your comments to the team.

Reviewed July 22, 2012

Stayed here several times when passing through, no problems. Pool is great, and an excellent place to eat across the road called L&W. No elevator, only two floors though. Staff has always been friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Hinton707, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hinton, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2012

Always nice to hear positive feedback and I will be sure to pass it along to the team. Thank you.

Reviewed July 21, 2012

Good location, pleasant staff. Make sure to include the breakfast with your room cost. The Holiday Inn is only 40 minutes from Jasper and you have a better selection of food and amenities in Hinton rather than Jasper

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank cdmack
Hinton707, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hinton, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2012

First of all I would like to thank you for your comments and your continued stays with Holiday Inn Hinton. I am happy to hear that we are able to accommodate your lodging needs and look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed July 15, 2012

A reasonable place to stay as most other hotels closer to Jasper are a lot more costly. It is almost 45 minutes away from Jasper but you have a No. of places of tourists' interest on the way.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank junaidadil
Hinton707, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hinton, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2012

I appreciate your feedback and yes I do agree that there is great beauty when you drive from Jasper to Hinton and of course a significant savings in accommodation expenses. Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Hinton