“Very clean and comfortable” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ramada Hinton

Ramada Hinton
Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in Hinton
Edson, Canada
“Very clean and comfortable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2014

We loved our stay, the staff are amazing and the hotel is very clean. The front desk staff let our team have the use of the conference room for a pizza
party for the evening. The hotel is in a perfect location for the shopping enthusiast with Parks West Mall directly across the street. There was ample parking both in the front and back of the building. The kids really enjoyed the use of the pool and fitness room for our weekend stay. The staff was very knowledgeable with Hinton and the surrounding area(Jasper through to Edmonton). This hotel was the 1st that me and my family stayed at where the staff all treated each other like family and not just employees. My 3 children felt very comfortable speaking with the staff and I was very impressed that the front end lady and laundry room lady(nana I think) had set her up at a table and bowl of cereal before I was able to. I am looking forward to our next weekend in Hinton and will definitely be booking at the Nova Lodge for our next weekend away from home.

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Capirie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2014

I've stayed at the Nova Lodge a number of times now and I've always had a pleasant experience, which keeps me coming back whenever I'm in Hinton. The friendly, hard working staff go out of their way to ensure that I have everything I need for a comfortable and stress free visit. The rooms are kept spotlessly clean, and the rates are very reasonable, especially when you consider how close to Jasper you are. I recommend it to anyone travelling in the area.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank AmandaD2323
Valemont, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2014

I have stayed at the Nova Lodge for the 5 yrs in the winter
I have a dog with me we have been treated by staff and management with great respect and professionalism.
I would recommend the Nova to anyone.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank herb b
Hinton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2014

My wife, daughter and I spent two months in the Nova Lodge when relocating to Hinton while searching for rental accommodation in February/March of this year.

We were delighted with the service, facilities and cleanliness of the hotel. We got to know a few of the staff quite well as they were friendly and very helpful.

Having spent quite some time in numerous hotels in Canada (especially the Lodge in Hinton) and throughout the world I can honestly say it is good value for money and of a high standard.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank James
Fox Creek, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2014

The staff are so very helpful and made us feel like we were family. The manager went way out of her way to make us comfortable and helped is with local attractions. I will stay here every time I'm in Hinton!

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Snowmobileguy5
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

We just checked out of the Nova Lodge in Hinton to spend Easter away. This hotel was horrible. It all started with a a very rude women at check in/reception who had no sense of professionalism or decorum. When we were checking in she was actually fighting with us for questions asked about how odd their check in practices were. We were told to check in preauthorize our entire stay plus deposit and then come back in 3 hours when they were actually ready to check us in. This seemed odd to us why would you preauthorize your credit card no not only for the deposit but for the deposit plus your entire stay even before being able to go into your room. Reluctantly and as mentioned with significant attitude from the women at the front desk we did so came back 3 hours later and came into a very dirty room. We had asked for a room with pets however our pets do not mess in a house yet they put you in a room with clear stains all over the floor. The bed and sheets were filthy and the next day even when asking for new sheets the same bed and sheets were just remade.
House keeping didn't even replenish any of the soaps shampoo or conditioner.
For being a hotel that is something that is expected and just common sense.
With everything that was said from staff being rude to uncleanliness the worst part was how noisy this hotel was from start to finish the red flags were up but good luck finding anything else last minute on a long weekend when you wanted to leave.
I suggest instead of staying at this horrible hotel people should consider a hostel in Jasper as that would be better than paying for poor service.

Never will I ever stay at this hotel or chain again for work or personal and I'll be sure to tell everyone I know about this experience to ensure no one else has to endure the same thing we had.

I hope not only do the other people look at trip advisor but management to this hotel should really investigate.

absconsulting@outlook.com

Stayed April 2014
3 Thank AbbyChris W
Regi0nalsalesmanager, Regional Sales Manager at Ramada Hinton, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Thank-you for your review.
We appreciate your feedback and would love to speak with you further in regards to your comments. As such we will email you at the address provided in the hopes of rectifying this situation.
Thanks again. Sincerely - Mindy Smythe
Sidney, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2014

First would like to say that they house-keepers definitely do a great job, our room was very clean and comfortable and even smelled good. My wife and I went to check in we were passing through to BC, the young lady that was at the front desk was absolutely so rude and not very helpful I think she was just too busy with her texting rather than helping us. I don't believe I've seen such gross place before, she had her smokes opened and all over the counter and texting away with her phone while helping us. I really think we would have been better off in a smoking room at the Nova Inn, the young lady there was far more helpful and very polite. We will definitely be staying at the other one on our way back. The management should be doing more about having young people like that working for them, and doing something about the way she was dressed. It was really disgusting. Nova Lodge is a definite NO!!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank wayne d
Regi0nalsalesmanager, Regional Sales Manager at Ramada Hinton, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Thank-you for your feedback.
We always appreciate guest feedback as it allows us to grow and get better in our service and standards.
We will certainly look into your concerns and make any necessary adjustments.
Sincerely - Mindy Smythe