“Awful Service andFair Food: 48 Minutes for Soup? Burgers? Never again.”

Folding Mountain Brewing Taproom and Kitchen
Ranked #4 of 48 Restaurants in Hinton
Description: FMB is now open and proudly serving locally inspired craft beer. Situated 10 minutes west of Hinton, AB, at the edge of Jasper National Park. Patrons order their food and drinks at the order counter where they receive their drinks. The food will be delivered to your table.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Stayed at a large clean cabin next to the tavern, so we 4 popped in. It was crowded and that meant a line to order, need to clarify a minute later, a burger that arrived in 10 minutes, and after 3 complaints, the other meals arrived 48 minutes after the order and payment. Worse, I was told by hostess "Our food is fresh, so you have to wait." Nonsense, your fresh ingredients deserve more hands in kitchen, more on stove for reinforcements, better staff at order slot, and managers who apologize/compensate for bring 3 plates a half hour after the first person's. Oh, my veggies in soup were uncooked (hard) carrot slices, and my quinoua was AWOL, even when a waitress tried to find one, one! Maybe the crowd was unexpected? No, the staff was under-trained and way too few for a weekend in high season. Yet the cabin was soooo nice.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (143)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We went here after a day hiking and absolutely loved it. The staff are so friendly, the food was delicious and the beer selection was awesome. My other half had two beer flights (4x4oz in each) and he got to choose which ones he wanted from the menu of 11 beers. The mac and cheese with bacon was to die for. We couldn’t recommend this place enough!

Date of visit: September 2019
JasonG4173, Owner at Folding Mountain Brewing Taproom and Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Wow thanks so much! We’re really glad you enjoyed your visit :) Cheers!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This place has a fantastic feel. The food was crazy good, beers are homemade and delicious.

When you walk in order at the counter, grab a seat and they will bring your order over. There are board games, family tables, blankets for outside, and stunning views.

I wish I could take this place home with me

1  Thank Wd_marshall2014

That's so nice of you to say! We really appreciate the comments and glad you enjoyed your visit. Thanks again :) Cheers!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My partner and I visited one afternoon after exploring Jasper national park. The decor and surroundings of the brewery are gorgeous and the staff were super helpful. We chose to share a flight of beers and the server helped to explain the different options, asking us about our preferences and allowing us to sample one of the beers before we committed to it. We loved all of the beers we tried! There are also loads of board games available so it's a perfect place to stop off and relax. Although we didn't order any food during our visit, the menu did look great and included clearly-labelled vegan options.

Date of visit: September 2019

Thanks a bunch for the review and feedback! We’re glad you enjoyed your visit :) Cheers!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I try to stop here every time I pass by. Usually, I'm either heading north to work or south home and this is a great place to break up a long drive. Their menu is simple and everything I've had is really good. Their beer selection is impressive and I usually get a growler to go.

Date of visit: August 2019
JasonG4173, Owner at Folding Mountain Brewing Taproom and Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thanks so much! We’re really glad you enjoy stopping by! Cheers :)