“Where's the turkey and cranberry sauce?”

Crossroads Restaurant
Ranked #84 of 359 Restaurants in Abbotsford
Cuisines: Diner
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We went there for their advertised (outside on their billboard and on posters at the entrance) Thanksgiving Day turkey dinner. It started with a choice of soup or salad. We both had soup which was OK except my wife's soup was spilled all over the side of the cup and the plate that it was on. The waitress mentioned later that she knew it was spilled all over but instead of putting it in a different cup and plate it was presented as is. When the dinner came, the turkey was mixed with stuffing and hid under the gravy. It was mostly stuffing with small pieces of turkey. When I order a turkey dinner I want to see the turkey by itself on the plate, not hidden under a glob of gravy (which produced lots of gas!). When the waitress brought our dinners, we were also asked if we both wanted cranberry sauce because apparently they had run out, so I had a half of a paper cup full, about 1 ounce at best, and my wife had none. They managed to scrounge up another paper cup full for my wife. The best part of the dinner was the pumpkin pie. I should have just had pie and forgot the dinner. It has been several years since we have eaten at Crossroads, and now I know why. Mental note to self - avoid eating here again

3  Thank philmsCanada

Reviewed June 1, 2013

I have been going there for 15 years! I miss Mario and his standards! Our Sunday waitress is very friendly and accommodating. The woman who works the till is snooty and rude! This oast week I was charged wice for hot water! After 15 years as loyal customers we are going to move on.

1  Thank RebaBritishColumbia
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Eat dinners there frequently. Unlike most restaurants, they will give you 1/2 salad and 1/2 fries at no extra price. I like that! Find choices for vegetarians good and if they don't have it on the menu, they are often willing to make it for you such as a vegetarian stir fry. Waitresses are friendly and you usually don't have to wait too long for your food to arrive. The boss always has a greeting for you too. You know he values your business. ((Decor is a bit dated but who cares)). Oh, almost forgot, prices are very reasonable for what you get.

2  Thank gailirene
Reviewed August 13, 2012

always treated and served great here good menue selection and price is reasonable gone here many times over the year

2  Thank Ross N
Reviewed April 7, 2012

We got seated quickly, offered drinks upon arrival and the food was good, what I didn't like was we had to ask for everything, jam for toast, syrup for pancakes, more coffee, toast was burnt but got more no questions asked, food came promptly so would probably try it again if in this area.

2  Thank Sharon S