“Different Style!”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed November 26, 2013

I came to Oriental Village for my first time this last week and we ordered chicken chow mein, sweet and sour pork and chicken fried rice for the table to share. The chicken fried rice was good and it was what I expected. It was the chicken chow mein and sweet and sour pork that took me by surprise. Although everyone at the table enjoyed all the dishes as well, we couldn't figure out what was so different about these two dishes in comparison to other Chinese food restaurants we'd been to. We asked the waitress, who then had the cook (maybe the manager too?) come out to our table and tell us that he actually cooks these two dishes differently than how it's traditionally done. He told us that normally other restaurants will cook the chicken chow mein in a lot of oil and therefore it's more moist and greasy. But he prefers to cook his dry, which we enjoyed a lot as well! Normally eating the greasy chicken chow mein will give me a stomachache after the meal, but not this time! Also, he told us that normally other restaurants will leave the pork soaking in the sweet and sour sauce and then the pork is more soft and soggy. Whereas at Oriental Village, they put the pork into the sauce right before serving it and the meat is tougher. Which again, we really really enjoyed! We will definitely be coming here again.

1  Thank Marlene S

Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

We've been searching for quality Chinese food in rhe Fraser Valley & finally found it! We took a chance on the Trip Advisor recommendation & are glad we did. Awesome food! We'll be back.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

If this restaurant is truly the #21 rated in Abbotsford then the others must be fantastic and we are going to go back. I dislike reviews that say that this is the best (whatever cuisine) in our town.........we got burned in Valemount, BCwith that recommendation where it was the ONLY one of the Asian restaurants there.
However here the Oriental Village was a short walk from the Best Western (very nice BTW) and EVERYTHING that came out of the kitchen looked like something I would want to eat; PS the Chef is amazing and came to our table to deliver our meal. We had the seafood chow mein and shared it although many others were taking away their uneaten food for the next day meal as all portions were large..............GREAT food and great presentation. Maybe the other 26 restaurants in this town are better but I would have to research that further on our next trip (?) from the East coast where we live

Reviewed June 15, 2013

My favorites are Mongolian beef, chicken chow mein, spicy squid and dry garlic pork. Try these! Free home delivery and debit available at door!

Reviewed June 6, 2013

I eat here at least once a week for the following reasons: 1) The food is always fresh, 2) They offer a very wide selections of lunch specials (most under $7), 3) the quality of the food is high, 4) Unless they are completely packed service is fast and friendly (doesn't happen often, but a large group can occassionally slow things down), 5) The servings are large and filling.

1  Thank bbb1771