“Probably the best Chinese food in town”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Oriental Village

Oriental Village
Ranked #134 of 320 Restaurants in Abbotsford
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Seating, Takeout
“Probably the best Chinese food in town”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

I am Chinese and have been eating Chinese food all my life so I think I do know good from bad when it comes to Chinese food. I have been living in Abbotsford for 6 years and have pretty well tried every Chinese restaurant in town, I have to say this restaurant probably has the best Chinese in town. Can they compare to the best restaurant in Richmond? No, not quite. But when we talk about in Abbotsford, no doubt they probably has the best Chinese food in town. No, I don't know the owner and I am not related to them.

2 Thank ams_ent

Abbotsford, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worst Chinese Food Ever”
Reviewed June 27, 2011

We've been living in Abbotsford for a while and havebeen looking for a good chinese restaurant. Two nights ago, we decided to order take out from Oriental Village. The food arrived in 10 minutes, which was extremely surprising. The delivery person was not very friendly and left the carry-out bag on the floor as he walked away after we paid via interac! The food was terrible. We ordered the chicken chow mein, which was bland and had a few tiny pieces of unappetizing chicken. The dry garlic pork was extremely tough, fatty and over-battered, and the Sze Chuan style ginger beef was not that at all! It was battered and coated with some sweet sauce, and extremely tough as well. I'm chinese and tried to be forgiving of the food, my husband's caucasian and he agreed that the food was terrible. We both agree that the food there is worse than the chinese food you get in food courts, and will never order from there again.

• Visited June 2011
1 Thank AbbyEats
“Disappointing”
Reviewed February 6, 2009

We are new to town and didn't know where to go for good Chinese food. Since it was Chinese New Year, we decided to go to Oriental Village which was near our house. It has a nice dining atmosphere, it's very clean and the service was good. The problem was the food. For the sweet and sour pork, it looked like a ladel of blood was poured over the top. They sprinkled it with a few pieces of pineapple which were canned, not fresh. The pork itself was kind of like eating a chicken mcnugget, only tougher. The fried rice had some shrimp in it, but it seemed like that wasn't cooked fresh, either. It was like they opened a bag of refrigerated, pre-cooked baby shrimp and sprinkled that into the rice. The noodles weren't anything, really, and the egg rolls were super greasy and heavy. They had a batter-fried chicken that was mostly battered and oily with a little meat. We took the food home for leftovers, but my plan was to make a homemade sweet and sour sauce and pour it over the fried rice and noodles to give these dishes some flavor! Really disappointing! We won't go back.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“One of my favourite Chinese places, love the squid with pepper salt.”
Reviewed January 27, 2008

One of my favourite Chinese places, love the squid with pepper salt.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook