“A very relaxing night”

Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Abbotsford
Coquitlam
“A very relaxing night”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2014

This is a really luxurious b&b. The room was large and beautiful. The jacuzzi was great and the view from the balcony very private. The service was good and the breakfast first rate. A great place to relax and unwind.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lll121

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Merritt, British Columbia, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2014

My wife and I wanted to experience some much needed R and R. After what seemed like endless, fruitless searches for places in Abbotsford, we got a word of mouth recommendation for the Sweet Dreams B and B. The minute the website loaded I knew this is where we needed to go. We came in midweek for a one night stay in the Hilltoute Suite. All I can say is JACUZZI. This room had it all, two fireplaces, his and her vanities, huge shower, and a very comfy bed. This escape is exactly what we needed, perfect location, perfect room configuration, tons of privacy, and many places on the acreage to explore. I would love to stay here again and will be showing friends and family pictures we took whilst there, and singing the Sweet Dreams B and B's praises to everyone I know. Without a doubt 5 star stay and worth every penny!!

Room Tip: The Hilltoute Suite is amazing, get it if you can. Also, the romance package adds a nice sentimental...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Langley City, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013

I stayed at Sweet Dreams Luxury Inn for my wedding night. It was totally amazing. They made it easy for me and let me pick up the key to my room the day before. I stayed in the Heywood suite and it was incredible. We felt spoiled for the short time we were there and will go back again. The breakfast was to die for.

You can not go wrong, Richard and Dorothy were great to deal with.

Thanks Again for a wonderful stay. I look forward to coming back again soon!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Tim M
Maine, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

My wife and I were traveling to a resort in Kelowna and needed a place to stay on the way. Sweet Dreams reminded us of the European guest houses we experienced in France and Italy. The owners were pleasant and welcoming, the property secluded, and breakfast was incredible. The beautiful resort in Kelowna was a disappointment after staying here.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Rick-and-Kendra
Hershey, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2013

This is a luxurious facility, but it is not as quaint as the Sweet Dreams name might imply. It doesn't seem to know if it is a B&B or a conference center. It is quite large, and the common areas are sterile and uninviting.

On the other hand, the rooms are well-furnished, and the bathrooms are large. There were comfortable chairs in the room, but low-wattage bulbs made reading difficult. The pillows were very hard. The bathtub was too long, making it difficult to keep your head out of the water. It was not a 2-person tub, but was not a standard length.

Dorothy prepared spectacular breakfasts and was helpful with advice on the area. The location was in a secluded area and away from traffic noise. The nearby airport did not create noise during the night hours.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank OrangeTaxi
richardfriesen, Owner at Sweet Dreams Luxury Inn, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
We have tried to contact the guests in person to discuss the posted review, however no contact has been made. Please allow us to respond to the review:
You are correct. In addition to our guest rooms we have two meeting rooms here at our inn, which host a variety of user groups. We designed this concept after reviewing many similar establishments.
We’re not sure why you "found the common areas to be sterile and uninviting” however we would appreciate your suggestions as to how to address this. Our common/lounge areas provide spaces for guests to relax and unwind, meet with friends or catch up on some work. Our areas have comfort couches, reclining chairs, accent end tables, games room with table games and big screen TV and more.
“Low-wattage bulbs made reading difficult”. We provide industry standard lighting levels. As well, we want to be responsible users of energy in a resource challenged world. Had we been notified that the levels were inadequate, we would have gladly provided additional lighting.
“The pillows were very hard”. No request for softer pillows was made during the stay. Again if guests contact us, we are happy to provide additional pillow choices.
“It was not a 2-person tub, but was not a standard length”. The soaker tub measures 41” by 72”, and is described by the manufacturer as a two person tub.
Again, had we been notified of you concerns at any time during your three day stay, we would have done everything possible to meet your requests.
Thank you again for staying with us.
The Friesen’s
Kirkland, Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2013

My husband and I were winding up a 48th anniversary trip thru the Walla Walla wine country and decided to drive up thru Canada and try a B&B there. When I called the proprietor of this place and (jokingly)asked what the least expensive room available was. (We had spent a considerable amount of money thus far was not wanting to spend too much on our extended trip.) As soon as I asked that question, the proprietor immediately and abruptly said, "Well, maybe we need to change the name! We aren't a budget property!" I was TOTALLY shocked and put off.

We have multiple properties, live well, travel the world, have worked and booked rooms for NFL owners and know how to travel and travel well. I also worked for the Nordstrom family and know proper customer service - this was not it! I would NEVER book anything at this place because of their pompous attitude. The property is not that nice to deal with this!

Room Tip: Don't book here if you don't want to be treated like two cents waiting for change!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank sjn7
richardfriesen, Owner at Sweet Dreams Luxury Inn, responded to this review, September 22, 2013
Dear guest,
I received took the call from this guest. I clearly recall the question "what is your cheapest room" (jokingly) by the guest. I clearly could not determine that this question as asked in a "joking" context. We receive many inquiries looking for cheap rooms. I responded to the guest, that as the name implies "Luxury inn" that we are luxury accommodation and do not have accommodation.
In no way, was I at all trying to insult, belittle the guest or give off a pompous attitude. I sincerely apologize personally and publicly to this inquiring guest.
Yardley, PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed at the Sweet Dreams while celebrating our retirement trip across the Canadian Rockies. We had just finished a bareboat sail trip around the San Juan's and didn't want to stay too far from Bellingham. The Inn was a perfect location to explore the North Cascades and our start in the Rockies. Dorothy and Richard couldn't have been more helpful. They even allowed us to use their washer and dryer! The Inn is a beautiful home with 4 rooms and a large central social area. Each room is more beautiful than the next. Oh, and did I mention the breakfast? WOW. Dorothy makes all the food herself and it was AMAZING. Be sure and mention to her the day before if you are not going to have breakfast because she spends a lot of time preparing it.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple